cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have reset router now I cannot connect to internet

sid007

I have reset router now I cannot connect to internet

Hello. Urgently looking for advice. My router had a red light for a few days, I reset router and red light has gone. Computer showing connectivity to the Internet but isn’t connected. Do I have to do something to all devices to reconnect to internet? Any help gratefully received.
6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: I have reset router now I cannot connect to internet

Welcome to the forum.

When you say it is connected to the internet but it's not connected, do you really mean that it's connected to the router but there's no internet?

Can you log into the router by putting 192.168.1.254 into the address field (that's the one at the top, not the search field) of your router? This should open up the router's admin page. If so, what does the status page say? If the router asks for a user name and password it's on a label fixed to the router.

It could be a dead router.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

sid007

Yes I can log onto that page. What information am I looking for? It says beside broadband connection: Connected.
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi

are you connecting via wired or wifi.?

I would switch off and unplug all equipment including router and then restart after a wait of 30 minutes. 

Log into the router.  If it says connected besides the broadband connection tab you are syncing with the plus net network. If you still cannot browse the Internet then go the process of flushing the computers dns cache .

Which web browser are you using ? 

You could try a different browser too! 

Mav
Fixes: 515

Could it be that the router was reset to factory defaults and lost the broadband log in details?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Broadband to My Router.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all, 

@sid007 I've just checked your account and it looks like this was resolved yesterday. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you though. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team