Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 2 router and HP Envy 5000 printer connectivity

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 81

Re: Hub 2 router and HP Envy 5000 printer connectivity

John,

I'm wondering if the HP instant ink account is messed up, that would be for HP to comment.

Was it deleted from your HP account, not the HP smart app, from what I can see smart app it's only possible to hide a printer.

Has the old printer been removed from the PC you are using? Check printers and scanners if windows.

You could try using HP virtual assistant but I'd expect that to be very very painful.

Dan.

JohnGareth
Dabbler

Dan

my previous Envy, a 4527, was still showing on the Printers page of my iMac, idle obviously, now removed.

it is also showing on the HP Ink Overview page under Select printer, top right hand box.

I can't find any way of removing it from there

tried the HP virtual assistant, pure torture as you say.

so, the problem is HP's as long as they don't cancel the subs plan but I'm not terribly bothered by that prospect 

thanks for all your input, will let the forum know if ever resolved. 

cheers

John

JohnGareth
Dabbler

Dan

believe it or not the problem magically resolved itself today

i had given up having been assured by HP tech support that I wouldn't be cut off from future ink supplies because they were making  sync connections randomly

anyway, I've refreshed it a few times today to check and it does seem to be behaving itself now.

Maybe HP worked out what the issue was..........

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 81

John,

That is good news, proves the issue was external to your property which makes a nonsense of HP suggested fix with port opening etc..

Fingers crossed it doesn't return

Dan.