Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 2 - restoring a removed wired device

EmmaAtkinson
Dabbler

Hub 2 - restoring a removed wired device

Hello,

I clicked  the REMOVE button on the device list for a wired Ethernet connection.  My network printer was the sole device on that ethernet port.  The hub says there is now no device on that Ethernet Port.  That was a mistake, apparently.

How can I add that device back to the list of devices on the Hub 2? 

I cannot find a button or a setting that might allow me to do that.  I have tried removing the cable and reinserting it; refreshing the list of devices which requires admin credentials; restarting the hub via the web browser.

4 REPLIES 4
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 76

Re: Hub 2 - restoring a removed wired device

Hi,

You can not add a device to the Hub, the Hub assigning an IP Address should add it to connected devices.

If the printer is set to DHCP in it's network configuration it will request an IP on reboot.

HTH

EmmaAtkinson
Dabbler

Thank you.

I'll call the help desk in the hope of getting a software/firmware change.
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 76

I doubt there is a software/firmware version to resolve this issue the current version is 0.08.00.08297-PN and it is very likely your Hub has it, this is either a Hub port issue, lan cable or the printer at fault.

Which port are you using? You can only use a LAN 1, 2 or 3 port NOT the WAN port, if nothing resolves the issue then I suggest a factory reset of the Hub may. 

Hold a paper clip or similar in the hole at the back until the Hub lights go off.

HTH 

EmmaAtkinson
Dabbler

Thank you for your suggestions.

My Hub 2 router arrived with the latest software update.

I said above that I don't want to do another factory reset as it takes too much time to reinstate my settings and then check that devices haven't had their IP settings changed by the router (Authoritative DHCP).
As I'm using static IP for most services (server-like devices) on the LAN and WiFi segments, the network works without a fix as far as I can tell. So it's not an urgent problem for me right now.

I'll try to raise a bug report formally when I have time to spare.