cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use my Hub One as an Access Point?

Atlanticboy
Hooked

Can I use my Hub One as an Access Point?

Hi everyone,

I've just renewed my Plusnet contract and have upgraded to a Hub Two router. My question is; 

Can I change my old Hub One router into an Access Point?

A friend of mine carried out the same exercise for me a few years ago when I upgraded from the Hub Zero (2704n) to the Hub One and it's been working fine, however I guess that the security and specs. on the old 2704n are a bit outdated. Unfortunately my friend is no longer around and also my Windows PC gave up the ghost a while back and I've not had any reason to replace it so I was wondering whether I can access the Hub One router settings through the USB?

The one thing that I've found a bit confusing is that the Hub One and Hub Two routers have the same I.P. address which makes accessing the Hub One a bit difficult. I know that I could just go out and buy an off the shelf product but I get put off by the reviews of whatever I'm looking at and if I can reuse the Hub One it's kind’a like recycling.

I have an Ethernet cable connecting the Hub 2 (upstairs) to the Hub Zero (downstairs).

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 78

Re: Can I use my Hub One as an Access Point?

@Atlanticboy 

Instructions are found in the first post of this thread Using a 2nd Plusnet Hub1 as a Wireless Access point 

HTH

Atlanticboy
Hooked

Thanks Dan,

I'll give it a go when I can find someone with a Windows PC.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 78

It can be done via a wireless device, it just needs more thought. I wouldn't use a smart phone though.

Dan

Atlanticboy
Hooked

I've got an Android tablet and phone, so I think I will wait until I can find a PC. The above instructions don't look too hard🤞.