cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband password not being accepted by router

FIXED
joarm

Broadband password not being accepted by router

Hi, I hope someone can help as this is driving me insane. I have FTTC.  I've been have a couple of disconnects every day, prior to this it used to go months without disconnecting.  Openreach have been out and said they can't find a fault so they feel it may be my router (Netgear D6400).  I thought I would try the plusnet router again to see if it made a different, however I can't get it to accept my broadband username and password.  I have tried 2 plusnet zeros, and a BT home hub 4.  I know I am entering the correct username and password.  I can connect no problem on my Netgear 6400.  Any suggestions?!

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

Re: Broadband password not being accepted by router

Fix

The Hub zero and BT Home hub 4 do not have vdsl capable modems, so they will not work on FTTC without a separate modem

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

joarm

That explains it then, thank you.  I'll get hold of one of the plusnet hub 2 to try.

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

@joarm  As an inexpensive test you can put the D6400 into modem only, then attach the BT router.