cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android phones sometimes require manual sign-in to connect to Plusnet wifi network

cmkessell
Dabbler

Android phones sometimes require manual sign-in to connect to Plusnet wifi network

For the past few months my and my wife's Android phones don't always connect automatically to our Hub Two wifi network.  Even though the auto-connect option is enabled on the phones, the message "sign-in is required" is shown under the Plusnet network name in the phone's list of available networks.  We then have to tap on the Plusnet network name (there is no need to enter any password, the phones already have this saved) to make the phone connect.  It's annoying to have to keep doing this manual step. 

I'm wondering if this is a router issue rather than a phone issue, perhaps the result of a firmware update and/or security setting in the router?  Has anyone else encountered this.

1 REPLY 1
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Android phones sometimes require manual sign-in to connect to Plusnet wifi network

I doubt it is a router issue.
I would delete/forget the plusnet router wifi connection from the phone and re add it
Regards
Richard