cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag issues

mattpollington

Tag issues

Hi,

I scheduled a house move order for the 21/07/22 but when i moved in- the line was inactive. This has meant for the past 11 days i haven't had an internet connection which is costing me money in regards to work. When i called Plusnet to report this, i was told it was a "broken house move issue". They then created me a new username and had to place a brand new order for a new telephone line which would then allow them to place an order for the broadband service. The telephone line was activated on 28/07/22 however i was then told when placing the order for the broadband- there has been a tag placed on the line by BT/Openreach which can only be removed by them. A customer service agent queried this tag on 29/07/22 but hasn't had a response as yet. Each time i call plusnet- i do not feel anybody is taking ownership of this case/issue. I signed a contract with plusnet for a service they are unable to fulfil & i do not feel there is enough urgency from their support teams. I have tried using other temporary alternatives to get me online but to no success. I have seen other customers have experienced similar issues in the past. https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Tag-nightmare/td-p/1228490

Not too sure if id be better off moving to another ISP who could resolve this a lot quicker. 

11 REPLIES 11
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Tag issues

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Plusnet Feedback to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for what's happened.

I can see our suppliers have raised a case into Openreach to update the records of your line, so we can place your broadband order. I'm seeing what I can do to chase this up and I'll let you know as soon as I know more today or tomorrow. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As an update before I log off for the night, I've discussed this with a colleague from our suppliers helpdesk and I've raised a case myself to Openreach to try to gain some traction. For my ref: 01155928. I'll check the progress tomorrow. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Matt, I've checked the case and our suppliers are suggesting we allow up to 4 weeks for records to automatically update. I've pushed back asking that they pass this to their second line support team urgently to resolve much quicker. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mattpollington

Hi Anoush,

Thank you for the updates. I really cant afford to not have internet for that long. I could possibly lose my job. This needs to be treated as a matter of urgency please. Has there been any updates since you asked for this case to be escalated?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Matt,

Having chased this up with our suppliers application support desk twice today, the case has now been passed to the second line support team. I am treating this as urgent and doing what I can to fix so I can get you online as soon as possible. 

Really sorry for the delay, I'll make sure to keep at this and will update you again tomorrow at the latest. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mattpollington

Hi Anoush,

Where are we with this please? Have the suppliers resolved the tag issue? Can you please let me know if my house cannot be provided with a broadband service. If this is the case- i will have to move again which will be very costly and time consuming. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Matt,

I haven't received an update yet and the records still aren't showing correctly in the supplier systems. I wouldn't say that we can't provide broadband to your house, because I'm sure we can. We just need the records fixed first.

As the case was only passed to the second line support team yesterday mid-afternoon, I'll have to allow at least 24 hours before chasing the progress as this will give the team some time to carry out an investigation.

Once the problem is fixed, we'll replace the order and I'll request that's fast tracked through urgently for as soon as we can. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Matt,

I've spoken with a manager from Openreach's Application Service Desk and he's chasing this up with the second line support team to provide an update on the progress of the investigation into the problem.

Once I know more, I'll let you know. I'm not in the office tomorrow, but one of my colleagues will monitor while I'm away. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mattpollington

Hi Anoush,

I am close to losing my job over this situation which is rather alarming considering i have just moved home and have a mortgage to pay.

Please advise me if it will be quicker for me to be re-connected if i use a different internet service provider? I dont feel Plusnet are making any progress with getting this resolved. For the past 2 weeks- plusnet appear to be getting continuous push-backs from openreach. This issue which was caused by plusnet & openreach & is now looking very likely on affecting my livelihood due to me not being able to work. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Matt,

I hope that doesn't happen and I do totally get how vital it is to have broadband especially when working from home, so believe me when I say that I am doing all we can to gain traction on the problem to get it fixed for you. 

I don't know if another provider will be able to get you online any quicker, but to hazard a guess I'd say that it is unlikely, because ultimately the issue's down to the records of your phone line in Openreach's systems.

You can check those records by typing your landline number into the broadband availability checker Here. If you don't know what your landline number is, you can find out by logging into your account and clicking on the phone tab. Currently it shows no products at all whereas it should show a list, in your case ADSL (standard broadband) and VDSL (fibre).

Also it's likely that another provider's order would be subject to standard lead times whereas we have the added benefit of being able to put through an expedite request, due to the bad experience we've gone through. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet