cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Promise has change since order

L0rdMike
Hooked

Speed Promise has change since order

I placed an order on the 15th with a promise min download speed of 50 but now on the website that has changed to 0.8

Speed.jpgNewSpeed.jpg

I do not think its worth me carrying on with the contract if this is the case as our wireless broadband would be faster.

12 REPLIES 12
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Speed Promise has change since order

@L0rdMike  You need to contact Plusnet as it looks like they have ordered the wrong product.☹️ Those slower speeds could be for an ADSL service so do not apply to a "Fibre" (FTTC or SOGEA) connection.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

@L0rdMike 

Can you post a screen image of the results from the following after hiding your details.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

To post a screen image click on the Image.JPGicon above the text reply box.

Brian

L0rdMike
Hooked

BAC.jpg

Not 100% sure how it works but is it possible that when I did my order I took the last slot in the cabinet?

bmc
Hero

@L0rdMike 

Thanks for the information.

While you should get between 57.2 - 77 down on a FTTC connection the problem with your order is shown to the right where it says "Waiting List"

This means there is no capacity at the Cabinet so PN can't place your order - they appear to have provisioned you on an ADSL connection to keep you going.

Are you moving to PN or were you trying to upgrade.

Brian

L0rdMike
Hooked

When I placed the order it showed 77 on the website, is it possible I have taken the last space in the cabinet or have they quoted me the max speed with a full cabinet?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 411

This means there is no capacity at the Cabinet so PN can't place your order - they appear to have provisioned you on an ADSL connection to keep you going.

Have they ? or was there availability at the time of the order and so OR accepted it but now there is no more capacity ?

@L0rdMike I suggest you call customer services to check whether your order has been accepted

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero

@L0rdMike 

It's entirley possible that  when you ran the enquiry there was a port available but in between you running the enquiry, placing the order and then PN attempting to place it with OR someone else jumped in and got the slot.

Are you moving ISP? If so, that will create a port when you move but once again someone else may jump in first.

Login to your PN Members portal and see if there are any Question under "My Order"

Brian

L0rdMike
Hooked

If the worse comes to it and its terribly slow I can reject it as its not the speed I ordered right?

bmc
Hero

@L0rdMike 

As suggested by @MisterW  & @RealAleMadrid you need to phone Customer Services to get final answers on this.

Any Open questions on your Members Portal with detail?

Once again, are you moving ISP? If you cancel with PN you'll have to stay with them. If you go with PN ADSL they'll happily upgrade you when an FTTC port becomes available. You just need to keep checking morning, noon and night and as soon as it shows available jump in with an upgrade request via your Members portal.

Brian

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@L0rdMike - I've left you a ticket here @ https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=240725820 because my message has a bit of account specific info on it but feel free to paste it on here so we can chat on here about it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
L0rdMike
Hooked

Is it possible when I placed the order that I took the last space available or is that stage of setting up broadband not done yet?

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

@L0rdMike As James has advised, we've got a date of you going live, and it is showing SOGEA. We'll need to wait for this date to make sure it is you that has been given that last slot.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team