Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward card value changed

preecejon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Reward card value changed

I signed up via the main plusnet page. It said I get a £75 reward card. This wasn't mentioned again during the checkout process (maybe fix that and confirm at final stage!?). When I went back to the main plusnet page the broadband I ordered showed a £50 reward card. This is confusing. Why would it change value? Can someone confirm I get the £75 card please as originally shown and not the £50 I saw after I ordered? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
preecejon
Rising Star

Re: Reward card value changed

And now when I go to plus.net page it doesn't show £75 or £50. It doesnt even mention a reward card. This is all a bit worrying considering the reward cards are sent after the 14 day cooling off period. I think I'll just cancel my order and go elsewhere with a provider who's home page doesn't change multiple times.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@preecejon,

I've checked your account and can confirm you've signed up using an affiliate site, probably Quidco or TopCashBack (I think Quidco). 

Signing up through an affiliate provides a custom splash screen which will look similar but will be different that our main home page. 

Cashback through an affiliate is paid by them, not us and might change depending on the product you've chosen, any problems with cash back has to be raised through them. 

preecejon
Rising Star

This is incorrect.

I initially went through quidco but noticed the reward card was not mentioned. The cashback offered was £65 and the reward card was £75. So I closed that tab and went directly via the plusnet home page ensuring the £75 card was mentioned.

I didn't use my quidco email to sign up so my quidco cashback won't track anyway.

How do I cancel this order? I'll go elsewhere. When I checked out your site says £75 card. I'm not chasing this up, I've got better things to do.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for getting back to us @preecejon.

I can see from the account that you've now cancelled said order with one of our cancellations agents.

We're of course sad to see you leave so soon but wish you all the best with your new provider.

If you need anything else, we're only a click away.

BearUK
Hooked

I signed up with PlusNet - their website had a £75 reward card offer.

I noticed during the signup there was no (obvious) mention of any offer, or any reward card value, so I cancelled the signup process, went back to the start page, grabbed a screenshot of the page, and then started the signup - in case I didn't receive any emails regarding the reward.

The reward email came, and the card came today.

I completed the activation, and noticed at the page where you are offered the PIN number that my balance was £60.

I called PlusNet. 'As a gesture of goodwill' they refunded £15 to my bank account.

They said there were two offers, running at the same time, for the same amount of time, with exactly the same terms and conditions. The £60 offer was, supposedly, an 'online exclusive'. I wasn't offered an explanation of what the £75 offer was (perhaps the offer came from a price comparison site, but they didn't mention that), but with no way to tell what offer you're receiving, what can you do?  I took the screenshot specifically because the signup made no mention of any offer. I consider their 'offers' to be very misleading. I would cancel my service too.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @BearUK sorry to hear about your experience with the offers on our site.

It's not uncommon for us to have similar offers running at the same time as we do run a number of different offers every week. Having looked on your account using your discount code I can confrim your offer was the £60 reward card. However, it seems we had an affiliate offer running at that same time which provided a £75 rewards discount. I am glad to see that we were able to offer the additional £15 as a gesture for goodwill for the ambiguity caused by the offer on the site. I've now raised your comments as feedback internally for this to be reviewed.

Kind Regards,