cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd full fibre box fitting

FIXED
johno1000

Odd full fibre box fitting

I had my new fibre box fitted today after switching from sky and I'm a tad bemused as to why the engineer has fitted it in the way they did (image attached). I'm assuming they couldnt be bothered to remove the old back box which is fine I guess, I'm more than capable of sorting it myself.

I'm assuming the front of the fibre box will clip off? I dont want to be forcing anything and end up breaking it.

IMG_20230928_133207.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
nitram
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Odd full fibre box fitting

Fix

To remove push against wall and carefully lift, it's has keyhole slots in base.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 406

That's a pretty weird/poor installation!. Looks like the fibre (with its support tube) goes through the wall inside the old backbox ?

Normally the ONT sits directly on the wall , alongside the fibre entry support tube.

@johno1000 be careful when you unfix the ONT that you don't strain the fibre, in fact probably best to unplug it.

Interesting that the ONT now has the 'please leave me behind when you move'  on it. Presumably too many people were taking it with them and OR had to send engineers to fit new ones, rather than reactivate existing ones.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.