Owensoc
Dabbler

Re: No Activation

It looks like the one in the photo, same lights on it as well
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

OK, so the response from the Help Team member above is erroneous - not a big surprise when Openreach can't even keep accurate records of their equipment installations.

Edit: If the lights are as you say, then there is full connection to the fibre network. Someone needs to use a few brain cells (not you, BTW)

John
Owensoc
Dabbler

Thank you for your help, what do you think the best next step would be? should I call or could this this be solved another way?
jab1
Legend

I would give them a call, hope you get a clued-up agent, and explain that you already have a working ONT. Ask them if they can do the remote activation you were promised.

Let us know what response you get.

John
Owensoc
Dabbler

Thanks, i will give them a call soon! I will let you know what happens.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Galadriel  Your response is absolute nonsense, later posts have proved that the OP already has an Openreach ONT installed so why do Openreach think there is no FTTP installation and are planning another one? You need to get onto your suppliers and tell them to sort their records out and get a remote activation done immediately. No waiting for a pointless update on the 12th.

jab1
Legend

@RealAleMadrid I was hoping my response after the one you refer to would elicit some sensible response, but unfortunately...

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 417

@Owensoc Once you manage to get Plusnet to change the order to a remote activation, make sure the ONT is left powered all the time. In order to check that a remote activation is possible, Openreach will attempt to test the ONT.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Owensoc
Dabbler

I’ve called plusnet support and got a very helpful person. They said they would send look into it and call me back later today once they have heard back from openreach about a remote activation. I’m not home now but i believe the ONT is still on and connected.
jab1
Legend

Best of luck with the return call.

John
Owensoc
Dabbler

Thanks lol I will let you know what happens
Owensoc
Dabbler

Update:

“ We have had a reply from our suppliers. They are advising that some planning is required for your activation and they have sent this order off to the planning team and they have asked us to review this again on 12/12/2023. I have advised that you have an ONT registered but this was probably not on an Openreach Network. Our delayed orders team will monitor this for you, Kind regards…”
jab1
Legend

More cobblers - that was an Openreach ONT, so would only be used on an Openreach network. They (OR) don't know their head from their big toe, and unfortunately, the retail arms of the BT empire have to bow to whatever GPO Telephones - sorry, Openreach, tell them.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 417

@Owensoc what does the BT wholesale checker show for your address https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome ?. Enter your postcode and select your address.

What is particulary interesting is the narrative below the availability, for instance mine ( which has an active FTTP service ) says

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.

ONT exists with active service. No spare ports are available. A new ONT may be ordered.

As a fibre priority exchange, FTTP has priority over other products if available at the address

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Owensoc
Dabbler

Under “Availability Date”, it says “available” and then below says:

“Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential Northern Ireland only build to cash.

ONT exists with no active service. A spare port is available. A new ONT may be ordered.

As a fibre priority exchange, FTTP has priority over other products if available at the address”