Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: New FTTP installation

See the link in  @Ian06 's post above.

John
ToeKnee60
Grafter

Thanks @Anonymous That seems to have the information I need and a link to a form to be filled in.
There was a link in the ISPreview article that Ian06 posted, but unfortunately that link is no longer live.

Mark63
Rising Star

@ToeKnee60 wrote:

Thats why I was proposing to contact Openreach to ask if they can remove the old redundant connection from the telegraph pole and down the front of the house.
Do you know how I can contact then directly or do I need to go via Plusnet customer services?

Contact Openreach directly, it is no longer being 'rented' by Plusnet (on your behalf or directly)

I'd be interested to know what they charge. They wanted 300 quid (plus VAT) from me just to provide a quotation to move their line from one part of my house to another.  I told them to forget it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully it won't cost anything if the email response from Openreach in this post was anything to go by -

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 19-08-32 Removal of old BT Copper Cable.png

I can't understand why Openreach bothered to mention the cost of moving a telephone line, and then immediately acknowledge that the customer had asked for the redundant line to be removed ?

greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Interesting information, PlanetX.

geev

Yes, this was the result after moving from FTTC to  FTTP yesterday. 💐