Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is "Leaving BT" message an error?

FIXED
SimonC
Dabbler

Is "Leaving BT" message an error?

I have a BT landline contract and use Plusnet for broadband only. I've signed up for a new Plusnet 24 month contract; would have added phone but they're not giving new phone contracts out.
Amongst the stream of confirmation messages from Plusnet is one from BT saying "We're sorry to see you go" and "your services will automatically move on 13-Dec-2023", which is the start date for the new PN contract.
I really don't want my BT phone disconnected or lose my number.
Any ideas why PN have triggered this from BT? I can contact BT but it's obviously something PN have done and the emails all have the same timestamp.
S.
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Is "Leaving BT" message an error?

Fix

@SimonC 

I’m guessing that instead of renewing your current package you’ve been transferred to a SOGEA service. You need to ring the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 in the morning to stop your phone being disconnected.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SimonC
Dabbler

Will do @baldrick. Thanks.
SimonC
Dabbler

So it seems the PN agent I originally spoke to moved me onto a SoGEA broadband connection & cancelled my analogue phone line with BT - WITHOUT TELLING ME! Not happy and not what I expect from PN.
Called PN as suggested & cancelled the order, also checked with BT next day that order was revoked. Fingers crossed 🤞
SimonC
Dabbler

They sent me a new router for the new contract but I think I'll just keep it as compensation for the hassle.
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@SimonC wrote:
So it seems the PN agent I originally spoke to moved me onto a SoGEA broadband connection 

I suspect that now PSTN cannot be provisioned, that SOGEA is the only option available to the Plusnet agents. I doubt they even considered the BT phone line.

I doubt this will be the last time this happens...