cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet incorrectly ceased for home move

Kimwallis69

Internet incorrectly ceased for home move

Hi,

I came home from work yesterday to see that the internet wasn't working. After contacting plusnet on the phone and being ran around several departments for 45 minutes, it was found that our internet connection had been ceased due to a home move being booked for the day before. We had let plusnet know several times our move had been delayed and every time they confirmed that they had understood and our current internet wouldn't be affected.

On the phone I was told it would take 3 days to reinstate our connection, which seems ridiculous, however today we've got an email saying we need to book an engineer visit for 9 days time which is completely unacceptable. Posting on here in hopes that someone sees this and accelerates our case as me and my partner work from home and will have put livelihoods seriously affected by plusnet's incompetence.
4 REPLIES 4
Mav
Fixes: 516

Re: Internet incorrectly ceased for home move

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Hi @Kimwallis69 I'm sorry to hear that your internet was cut off earlier than expected! 

I can see there is an engineer booked in for the 23rd November. This has now changed to an external appointment, which means you don't need to be at the property for this. The internet can take any time up to 23.59 to be switched on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
willhoppy

Same thing happened to me! My service has been ceased and my account closed. I tried to get it reactivated and seemed to be making progress on Friday, reactivation date agreed for Monday, and then at 10am some bright spark cancelled the order and closed the ticket.

I spent so long on the phone this past week trying to make sure this didn't happen, and then trying to fix it, I must've spoken to almost everyone in Doncaster. I've now got so many support tickets open I can't even raise a complaint!

I hope this means I'm effectively released from my contract and can take my custom elsewhere. I have nothing but bad things to say about plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @willhoppy 

I'm so sorry about all this, it sounds like a complete nightmare. 

I'd like to volunteer myself to take ownership, deal with the complaint side of things for you and get what we can sorted out.

Please send me a private message when you can with your username and I'll get straight onto that for you. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team