Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation delay?

laurenk1709
Hooked

Installation delay?

Hello,

I was due to have my engineer appointment and activation on the 28th November, but received a text message on Friday informing me of the delay to my order, with no further details. As the engineer needs to come to my home to install a phone socket, it would be helpful to know what date I now need to book off from work instead of Tuesday. As I work full-time away from home it is not helpful to be told my service is delayed and not be provided with a new date.

Thank you
10 REPLIES 10
laurenk1709
Hooked

Re: Installation delay?

I’ve now just noticed that it says on my account that the service can be set up remotely so an engineer visit is not required. This is not true. I do not have a phone socket, and I have paid the ~£50 for an engineer to come down and sort this. Please tell me this has been booked and I haven’t wasted my money.
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Hi Lauren -- These snags on installation are all too common. The Pnet staff monitor these forums from time to time but in view of the urgency I would advise you to call them as soon as you can. Have your details ready. Best of luck!

Mike

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@laurenk1709 I wonder if you've checked the broadband order as those often don't require an engineer visit. 

I've checked this for you and confirmed everything on a ticket for you here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=238555436

Please take a look when you can and let me know if you have any questions. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 417

as those often don't require an engineer visit

They do if as the OP says, there really is no phone socket...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

laurenk1709
Hooked

Hi, Adam. Thank you for your help and confirming the date is still as expected. Should I just ignore the text about the delay, then? Not sure why this was sent in this case.

Also, yes, when I check the broadband tracking it says there is no need for an engineer, which made me worry I would not get a home visit despite the lack of phone socket 🥲.
laurenk1709
Hooked

It looks like the previous tenant removed/plastered over the phone socket when moving out 😭
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Problem is that Openreach will have no knowledge of that, their systems will say there is a socket.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

laurenk1709
Hooked

Since I’m paying for the installation of a completely new phone line, this should be okay, no?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It SHOULD be,  but it depends what Openeeach's systems say. If the previous line was disconnected at the exchange, then OR may think they can just reconnect it! The engineer SHOULD check the line and detect there's no master socket connected...

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @laurenk1709 

I can see your appointment is due for this morning

Let us know how you get on!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team