Did you mean: 

Full fibre upgrade gone wrong

FIXED
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

Re: Full fibre upgrade gone wrong

@Star-Light100 - Deary me, I'm sorry for all of this. I've got you booked in for Monday AM than with Openreach and I'll be in touch on Wednesday when I'm next in. Feel free to give me a shout if you need anything in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
Star-Light100
Grafter

Thank you for trying.
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

No trouble, I am sorry for all this mess. Bye for now

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@Star-Light100 wrote:
Hi. I’ve reset the Hub again and re added my account details again and no change. It says connecting and then comes back with disconnected in the hub. Still stuck on the orange solid light on the hub. Thanks

After a factory reset a Plusnet hub is designed to contact the Plusnet management platform and change the username and password automatically to your account details.. If you are having to do this manually then there is a break in the link.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Star-Light100
Grafter

Day 34 without broadband. Engineer came today. He says theres nothing wrong at this end and the fault is with PlusNet. I don’t know what to think now. Engineer advice is to rip all the wiring out, and start again. Or go to a new Internet service provider. So please advise??? Thank you
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Hey there @Star-Light100 I can see you have spoken with an agent on our side and they are pushing this back to CAT to deal with it from there. I am sorry about this.

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Star-Light100
Grafter

Day 35 without broadband. Was hoping to have heard from PlusNet today about the next step in this ongoing issue. But heard nothing. If the fault is not going to be fixed anytime soon. You need to let me know and release me from my contract so I can get broadband from elsewhere. I really don’t want to be stuck with no broadband over Christmas.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really sorry this still isn't fixed, especially after an engineer has been out to take a look at it. 

I need to respond with a bit of account sensitive information so I've popped an update on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=238056268

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Star-Light100
Grafter

Hi Adam, thank you. The engineer that came was no help and didn’t want to test anything. He just made a phone call and blamed PlusNet. I was hoping he would test the wires. But he didn’t.
I will wait and see what PlusNet come up with next to fix the issue. But this needs to be fixed as it’s been dragging on far too long now. I was once a happy PlusNet customer before fibre came along! And I would like to once again to be a happy PlusNet customer. Thank you
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 404

The engineer that came was no help and didn’t want to test anything. He just made a phone call and blamed PlusNet. I was hoping he would test the wires. But he didn’t. 

If the ONT is showing green lights then there's nothing that the engineer can check, except the ONT serial no and from what I can see , that's already been checked. The current system whereby all an ISP can do is request an OR engineer seems flawed for these type of faults.  It needs the ISP's support to be able to have the ability to communicate with OR 2nd line support to check the circuit build and routing, which can be done without an engineer attending..

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @Star-Light100 

I can see our CAT team are arranging for a new router to be sent to rule this out as the cause of the issue.

We'll get that out to you as soon as possible 

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@MatthewWheeler  That isn't very encouraging, sounds like clutching at straws. Seems like there are no decent diagnostics to find out why FTTP connections are not working.

@Star-Light100  To test if the HUB is the problem you can set up a PPPoE connection on a PC with your Plusnet credentials and connect it directly to the ONT, so not using the HUB. If you're not sure how to do this google will help.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Fix

@MatthewWheeler I'm with @RealAleMadrid here, I'd be amazed if it was the router!

Has anyone checked to see if PPPoE authorisation attempts are hitting the PN gateways ? If they're not , then surely the problem is in the OR/BTw systems ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Good shouts we believe this was checked but it looks it wasn't

Work has been done now and it should be up and running soon

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Work has been done now and it should be up and running soon

@MatthewWheeler  from that, can we take it the problem has been identified and fixed ?