cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full fibre speed upgrade stuck in processing.

FIXED
scgf
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Full fibre speed upgrade stuck in processing.

My speed upgrade from the Full Fibre 500 product to 900 was supposed to happen on 24 May. It's now 31 May and I'm still on 500 Mbps. I've called Plusnet many times and they say they have escalated the issue with Openreach but they can't tell me why the order is stuck in processing.

Can anyone shed any light on why this has happened? Is it normal with Plusnet that they give you a date then overshoot? Any ideas on what I can do?

Any comments appreciated.

23 REPLIES 23
shazzbot
Rising Star

Re: Full fibre speed upgrade stuck in processing.

Having the same problem but they know about it and are updating tickets in my account. Not sure what the problem could be as I'm only upgrading to 500. Mine was supposed to happen 23rd of May. (treated myself for my birthday)

scgf
Grafter

Any experts on here know basically what needs to be done to increase the speed of full fibre? Surely it doesn't need an Openreach engineer to visit the premises. In my head it's just entering a new speed in a database somewhere. I would have thought it would be automatic when the provider orders the regrade from Openreach.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 406

Surely it doesn't need an Openreach engineer to visit the premises.

It doesnt, its a remote change. However if the order is 'stuck' in Openreach's systems, then getting it 'unstuck' seems to be a black art...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shazzbot
Rising Star

Hmm I wonder if it's because BT is busy upgrading the rest of the town as there only a few streets that can get fast fibre right now. It does seem to be BT's end.

scgf
Grafter

Which town are you talking about?

shazzbot
Rising Star

Newtown, Powys in Wales

scgf
Grafter

Yes, Openreach is busy upgrading parts of my town too - Market Harborough, Leicestershire. The thing is, the completion date shows when Plusnet places the order. If Openreach was not able to do the necessary work for a while there would be a later completion date. It's frustrating when Plusnet blames a company we have no contract with. I even explored the possibility of moving to BT, imagining they'd have more clout with Openreach. It's a grey area whether I'd have to pay. early termination fees - I was told by a Plusnet CS rep that if you move to BT the early termination charges are waived since Plusnet and BT are pretty much the same company.

shazzbot
Rising Star

That's interesting to see that both our towns are still upgrading. I was able to upgrade around 4 months ago to 300 from 150, so hopefully the problems they're experiencing will be sorted soon.

scgf
Grafter

It's now 1 June - some 8 days after my speed increase was supposed to go live. Openreach is running rings around its customers like Plusnet. Plusnet seems to have no clout whatsoever. My previous supplier, Virgin Media, has a bad reputation, but nothing like this. Any speed increases happened within a day. Do I have any rights to cancel my contract with Plusnet and return to Virgin Media?

shazzbot
Rising Star

Yep still waiting here also. Nothing from CS. In my notes they claim to have sent me an email a few comments ago. None received.

scgf
Grafter

I'll give them a day then leave an appropriate review on Trustpilot. Next step is to attempt to switch to BT, or back to Virgin Media, given Plusnet cannot provide me with the service I have ordered.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@shazzbot sorry for the delay with this, it looks like an automation issue, I've placed your order to upgrade the service and that's due to go through on Monday

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
shazzbot
Rising Star

Brilliant thank you. Just got the notification through on my phone Smiley

charisac
Hooked

Hi’ I’m having a similar issue, I’ve had an upgrade pending since the 22nd May, can someone take a look ? Thanks