cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber Broadband delayed with no further information

ly

Fiber Broadband delayed with no further information

Hi, my fiber broadband should be active from mid night 03/10/2018, but I received a text telling me it is delayed. Waited for a day, no more communication...so I had to call last night. They said they need to check with BT engineer as it was flagged as external issue. I said fine. Now when I checked my account, I notice the delay happend on 02/10/2018, a few hours before BT engineer came to our house to fit in a socket. I wonder someone just thought there is a problem without looking at the log.

Anyway, called last night, they said they will follow up and call me back this morning (Friday) at 10:00. Nothing happened, when I call the customer service again the whole team is not available due to emergency. I am speechless here, it is nightmare try to get internet from plusnet. It has been a whole month by now, I still waiting for internet. I had been with BT, AOL, Sky and Talktalk before, there were not much issue at all. Plusnet, you make it so diffuilt and I just do not know why it happens in this way.

Could anyone tell me when I will have internet? (Surely you could feel my pain, if you have no wifi for a month.)

Thanks,

Yang

8 REPLIES 8
Laura129
Hooked

Re: Fiber Broadband delayed with no further information

I'm in the exact same situation, I've been given my 4th activation day which is today and i have a feeling it's still not going to happen.
ly

I am losing my hope.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note:

Topic moved from 'Broadband' to 'My Orders'.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Yang.

Sorry for the delay in providing you with a broadband service.

I've got in touch with our suppliers about your order and I've been advised that due to engineer availability the work didn't go ahead as planned, but we're to expect the work to be carried out on the 10th.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delays.

@Laura129, I see we've replied to your thread very recently.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ly

Thanks so much to follow it up.

I will see what happens on the 10th.

By now I have not received any other communication to confirm this will happen.

Thanks. Yang

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @ly I have looked into this for you and confirmed this via a ticket on your account here

Kind regards,

ly

Hi this is Yang again. Today is 11/10/2018. I turned router on, the same as before there is no internet. May I have a solid answer on this? When can I have internet? Very frustrated here!

Thanks, Yang

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @ly

I sincerely apologise for the delay in your order.

I have contacted our suppliers for a closer update and provided you the update here.

Our provisioning team will continue to monitor the progress of the order and provide you updates as we receive them. Feel free to get back in touch if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional