cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change activation date

FIXED
Woj17d

Change activation date

Hello, I’ve put my activation date for 27th December as my contract with sky runs out on 31/12. I just got an email that the activation will take place on 2nd January.
I can’t go new years without broadband!
Can this be changed to earlier date please? Any time before new years would be good.
6 REPLIES 6
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Re: Change activation date

Unfortunately not @Woj17d, due to the requested date being on/around a bank holiday it does delay the services due to available etc.  

You should get a pro-rata refund from Sky once your active with us and will only be charged for the few extra days. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Woj17d

Could this be activated before bank holidays then please?
Would be happy for it to be active before Christmas just to get it sorted.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Fix

I'm afraid not, if the request date is not available they will always give us the first earliest available date even if it's before the date you requested. We would then contact you to go ahead or re-book the appointment to the next best date available that would work for you. 

The earliest date is 2nd of Jan in this case.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Woj17d  Did you tell SKY you were leaving, that could be your problem. If you had just ordered from Plusnet your SKY service would continue until the migration to Plusnet was complete. Unfortunately you are very unlikely to get an earlier activation in the holiday period.

Woj17d

Yeah I cancelled with sky. Spoke to them and they will continue until 2nd jan so all resolved. Smiley
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Woj17d  OK you've managed to sort it, well done.😁