cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

next payment email when contract is over

ad47uk
Grafter

next payment email when contract is over

at the end of this month I leave Plusnet after 9 years, sorry, but I had a better deal and faster broadband.so I cancelled Plusnet on the 15th of June and had an email to say it has been cancelled  and will not have any broadband after the 30th and no cancellation charges. But a couple of days ago I got a email saying

"We'll soon be taking a payment of £43.83 for your service. This will leave your account on or after 3rd July 2023"

Hopefully this is just a standard automated email because someone have not told the computer that I will not be a customer,

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: next payment email when contract is over

Did you actually tell PN you were switching, or did you leave everything to the gaining provider to sort? Has your new provider given you a confirmed activation date?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

If the DD is due to go out on 3rd July , then its likely that the account billing date is the 28 or 29th June i.e before the account closes. If this is the case, since the account is still active, the next months bill will be generated. Once the account actually closes , then a final bill will be generated and a refund will be due for part of the billed month.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ad47uk
Grafter

I cancelled, not switched as I have gone form FTTc to an altnet FTTP. that is what i am using now.

ad47uk
Grafter

@MisterW wrote:

If the DD is due to go out on 3rd July , then its likely that the account billing date is the 28 or 29th June i.e before the account closes. If this is the case, since the account is still active, the next months bill will be generated. Once the account actually closes , then a final bill will be generated and a refund will be due for part of the billed month.

Ok, cheers, so i just wait and see what happens.

I am already using my replacement broadband.
I would have liked to stay with Plusnet,  I did not really want to go to FTTP, I would have stayed on FTTc if they gave me a good offer, but the prices were higher than FTTP and if I was changing to FTTP, then I may as well change to a better network than Openreach.

Thanks for the help

ad47uk
Grafter

Well they have taken out £44.83, I hope they will refund most of that, since my broadband closed on 30th of June. 

I am kind of sad to be leaving plusnet after so long, never been with a ISP for so long, but I got a better deal from an Alt net., which is why I went.