cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't make changes

stuck
Rising Star

can't make changes

Plusnet took over my landline recently, the transfer happened on 4 Aug 2023.  I want to add (free) voicemail but when I log in I get:

An error has occurred

You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress.

Does that mean that even though Plusnet has my landline now, the change is still in progress because there is a some sort of 'cooling off' period after the transfer?  If so how long will it be before I can tweak the options on my phone line?

Or, as implied by other topics on this forum that also quote an error like this, it's just Plusnet's systems lagging behind reality and it needs a staff member (perhaps @willcutforth or @Gandalf ) to manually intervene?
11 REPLIES 11
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: can't make changes

@stuck wrote:
...it's just Plusnet's systems lagging behind reality and it needs a staff member (perhaps @willcutforth or @Gandalf ) to manually intervene?

Yes, it's long been one of Plusnet's speciality features, and will require manual intervention.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi @stuck 

It looks like there's a little bit of lag with updating your account in one of our systems.

The change is scheduled to complete on your next bill date, so that message should go away then.

Let me know if there are any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stuck
Rising Star

@Gandalf wrote:

...The change is scheduled to complete on your next bill date, so that message should go away then.

OK I'll wait until then (but it would nice to have the voicemail sooner than that).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah sorry for the wait. Sad I considered forcing the change through, but that would likely have caused complications in the systems and thus further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stuck
Rising Star

@Gandalf wrote:

...that would likely have caused complications...

OK, waiting sounds preferable to the alternative you set out.

stuck
Rising Star

@Gandalf I forgot to come back and say that, as you said, once my next bill went through, I was able to add the free voicemail option.

Thank you for explaining things.

stuck
Rising Star

@Gandalf  Umm, today I find the same error message:

An error has occurred

You cannot make any changes to your account while there is a phone order in progress.

is displayed when I log into my account.   I've made no changes since I added the free voicemail service (around 20 Aug).  The voicemail works as expected and I'm beyond my Sept billing date so what's going on?

Please can this message be cleared?

Thanks
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's cleared for you now. Sorry to see it was stuck again. Let me know if there are further issues.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stuck
Rising Star

...stuck...

😃 I see what you did there.

Yes, all OK now.  Thank you for the quick action!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Haha that was entirely by accident. Seems that subconsciously I’m a very witty guy. Cheesy

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet