Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Direct Debit has been cancelled

dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Your Direct Debit has been cancelled

Having spent time replying to support, and the email bounced, regrettably I have to resort to going public.

Dear Plusnet

Don't Panic, there is a very simple explanation for this.

We moved our bank!!, and this resulted in two direct debits. 
The one deleted which would have triggered Plusnets panic attack, made its last payment in November 2022
while the current one made a payment in January 2023 and December 2022

Clearly whoever did the analysis for Plusnet's billing system (don't mention the past screwups Dave) clearly did not 
understand that customers may commit the heinous crime of moving bank accounts!!

So there we are, details on the Plusnet Billing page for the direct debit concur with our bank account, a list of the last three payments from Plusnet’s web page follow.

As Plusnet will no doubt be raising the price we pay for SuperSlow Broadband, perhaps Plusnet can spend 
some of it on ensuring the billing service works correctly.

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Your Direct Debit has been cancelled

Hi there! I'm not sure why it took our automation so long to pick up on that and send the message through. I can see the new direct debit shows as active so there shouldn't be any issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dws1900
Aspiring Pro

I don't quite comprehend your reply.

In November 2022 we moved our current account to a new bank.

All the direct debits were transferred across.

A few days ago we audited our new account, and saw the old PN direct debit.

This DD should have been terminated as part of the transfer.

PN is the only organisation that had this issue, no issues with rates, water, energy or tv tax.

Why is this?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm unsure of the reason but sometimes our billing system won't recognise a change of account via the switching service. If I were you I'd cancel that off and set up a new mandate with your new account details. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dws1900
Aspiring Pro

To clarify, the old DD which should have been terminated in November 2022, has been removed. A new DD WAS setup automatically as a result of the transfer, and has been used since December 2022. No further action is required by either party.

Let me be clear about our policy regarding financial dealings, when we issue an instruction we expect it to be carried out to the letter.

Failure to comply will always initiate a complaint, investigation, demand for compensation, refer to the ombudsman and probable legal action.

We only accept written conversations for legal reasons.

Clearly there is an issue and your reply does not engender confidence.