cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change payment method

FrankieL
Hooked

Unable to change payment method

I have seen my bill is pending and I keep trying to go on to change the payment method and it won’t let me is there any way I can change it as I don’t want late fees or my wifi dropping
6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Unable to change payment method

@FrankieL If the invoice is pending, you cannot change the payment method, as it will already have been submitted to your bank - presumably this is Direct Debit?

John
FrankieL
Hooked

Yes it is a direct debit. I’m not sure what to do as my money is in another bank so I need to try change it somehow and make the payment from my new bank
jab1
Legend

When did you change banks? If you followed the 'switching' procedure (see MSE, or the banks own procedures), then the DD will have been switched to your 'new' bank.

John
FrankieL
Hooked

I haven’t changed banks I have opened a new account with another banking society but haven’t been able to change my plus net direct debit over as it’s in pending. Do you no if I am able to call plus net and pay this bill over the phone then change the details after for future bills
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi @FrankieL,

We wouldn’t restrict your service or charge a late payment fee until 14 days after the payment fails, so if the direct debit is still pending, I’d allow the payment to fail then you’ll have 14 days to make a one off payment and change your payment details afterwards.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

I'm a little confused. So you haven't changed banks, but you have moved all you money to another one? That sounds like you have changed banks, to me, and any DD's should have moved with the money.

You do need to call PN and see if there is a way round this - I can't advise.

EDIT @Gandalf beat me to it.

John