cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topcashback tracked but not paid - and no £75 Amazon gift card

puzzledoff
Grafter

Topcashback tracked but not paid - and no £75 Amazon gift card

Switched to Plusnet on 1 April (original signup on 10 March).  Topcashback tracked OK but still not showing as payable (though normal tracking shown as 21 days).  £75 Amazon voucher from Plusnet was part of the deal, but that hasn't been emailed either.
Can a Plusnet Rep help, please?
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Topcashback tracked but not paid - and no £75 Amazon gift card

The email is normally sent within 2 weeks of the account going live so you have a few days to go
The Topcashback would probably also be linked to the go live date not the order date as you could always cancel before it has gone live with no penalty
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you sure you are eligible for TopCashBack and the Amazon vouchers? Under Here's the legal bit it says
This price cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
puzzledoff
Grafter

Quite sure - this was a special Topcashback offer that gave the cashback plus the Amazon gift card.  Fortunately I kept a screen grab.
jim:quote
KatC
Grafter

@ puzzledoff
You will receive an email withing 10 working days of the service going live to claim the £75 Amazon voucher, once you have received this please follow the steps within.
steve1789

good luck trying to get your £75 amazon voucher took me 5 months of complaining over and over again until i finally i received it!
puzzledoff
Grafter

I do hope that's not going to be the case - there's going to be a lot of highly visible adverse media publicity if they don't meet their contractual obligations.  I'm confident they will, though.  Wink
puzzledoff
Grafter

Quote from: KatC
@ puzzledoff
You will receive an email withing 10 working days of the service going live to claim the £75 Amazon voucher, once you have received this please follow the steps within.

Well today's the 10th working day after the 'going live' date of 1 April - perhaps it will arrive today.  And perhaps the Topcashback will get paid too.  Starting to get just a little concerned, though, that Plusnet might be just another of those companies that has to be chased to get it to pay up on its obligations.
puzzledoff
Grafter

Quote from: steve1789
good luck trying to get your £75 amazon voucher took me 5 months of complaining over and over again until i finally i received it!

I'm beginning to think this is becoming standard treatment of its customers by Plusnet.  TalkTalk may have its problems, but it did at least keep to its word.
Raised the matter via online chat 20 April.  Since then it's been just a series of delays - with a reply now delayed until 30 April!  No Amazon voucher so far - and the Topcashback supposed to have been paid within 21 days hasn't materialised either.
The only advice I can (and will) give to anyone thinking of joining Plusnet is simple:  don't trust it to pay up what it promises.  

Chat reference:
Description: cashback
Kind regards,

- CSC Analyst
5:25pm, Monday 20 Apr 2015
This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 22nd April at 7:00am.
Kind regards,

Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:07am, Wednesday 22 Apr 2015
Question [ 102791215 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
- CSC Analyst
11:17am, Thursday 23 Apr 2015

[INTERNAL]
waiting for marketing response
This Question is now on hold until Thursday 30th April at 7:00am.
Kind regards,

dick:csa
puzzledoff
Grafter

You were right Steve - Plusnet owes me a £75 Amazon voucher and won't pay up.  Just delay after delay after delay - and no responses.  Resorting to posting warnings not to trust Plusnet on various consumer websites now.

- CSC Analyst
5:12pm, Monday 20 Apr 2015
Chat reference: 4301941343
Description: cashback
Kind regards,
- CSC Analyst
5:25pm, Monday 20 Apr 2015
This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 22nd April at 7:00am.
Kind regards,

7:07am, Wednesday 22 Apr 2015
Question [ 102791215 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
- CSC Analyst
11:17am, Thursday 23 Apr 2015

[INTERNAL]
Kind regards,

7:05am, Thursday 30 Apr 2015
- CSC Analyst
2:57pm, Friday 1 May 2015
Dear
[INTERNAL]
No update from marketing
This Question is now on hold until Friday 8th May at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I think 'marketing' are too busy dreaming up yet more new special offers to deal with these issues fulfill their promises to customers.
I know it's a bit late now but I'd seriously suggest to Plusnet that the members of 'marketing' should be made to work the whole bank holiday weekend to catch up!
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.