cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to cancel direct debit.

grumpyZigZagZ0

Time to cancel direct debit.

Changed contract 3 months ago but I'm still paying old contract price which is around £35 a month more than I should be paying.I'll give it another month and if problem not resolved I'm going to cancel Direct Debit and change provider.

9 REPLIES 9
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Time to cancel direct debit.

@grumpyZigZagZ0  I wouldn't recommend that course of action, you will probably get early termination charges and if you have cancelled the direct debit Plusnet will very quickly pass any overdue payments to a debt collection service which will increase the payable amount. What you need to do is find out why your new contract prices are not being applied to your account. Have you contacted Plusnet in the last 3 months to question your incorrect billing? If not that's what you need to do, if you have been overcharged it will be sorted and you will be refunded.

grumpyZigZagZ0

I was out of contract when I arranged this new deal and the new contract should have come in to force immediately.As far as I'm concerned they have not given me the contract I ask for so I should be entitled to cancel.Have you tried getting them on the phone recently,Multi Million pound company with the service of a third world country.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@grumpyZigZagZ0 

You might think that it's reasonable to cancel the contract due to a problem that has gone on for 3 months apparantly without you advising Plusnet of the issue. Unfortunately the reality is, as @RealAleMadrid advises, you are likely to feel even harder aggrieved by triggering you needing to deal with both Plusnet and debt collection agencies along with the accompanying black marks on your Credit Record.

Hopefully a Plusnet staffer will come along and pick this up, be it after this Bank holiday break and resolve your problem.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@grumpyZigZagZ0 - I'm sorry for the troubles! I've left you a ticket @ https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=233587421 with how I can make it right so feel free to reply to that ticket whilst I look into it tomorrow and get back to you then. Cheers

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@grumpyZigZagZ0  - Only me again, I tried to buzz you but you didn’t answer, when can I try you again? I need to talk to you that's all and go through a few options, in your favour of cause.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
grumpyZigZagZ0

Available all day today and most of tomorrow.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

James is out of the office today, but we would like to call you.  He is back in work Sunday, when would you be free on that day?

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
grumpyZigZagZ0

Free all day but morning would be best.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, James isn't in work until next week but let me know if there's anything to do with this I could pick up and help with. - Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team