Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange account closing message

cl1987
Hooked

Strange account closing message

A little background....

I was a plusnet customer around 2 years ago and i then left and switched to another provider.

Now i'm looking to return again to plusnet but it says i already have an account!

Upon logging in i get an "account closing" message, and apparently i'm owed £30.11.

When my contract ends next month i'd like to rejoin but i can't do that if this mess isn't sorted out, i had no idea this was going on for nearly 2 years as i'd presumed everything would be closed upon me switching providers, i can't see any broadband offers because it thinks i'm still with plusnet to this day!

Can someone help me please?

9 REPLIES 9
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 29

Re: Strange account closing message

Hi @cl1987 

The account is showing as fully cancelled and that amount would've been refunded back to you when the account originally cancelled in 2021. Are you by any chance wanting to transfer the same number back that you had with us before? 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
cl1987
Hooked

Hi,

I'm just trying to look what packages you have, i'm using the postcode finder and telephone number finder, when i put in my phone number it says i already have an account with you.

It says "It looks like you're already with us".

Which obviously i'm not, i'm with another internet provider and i have been for 18 months now.

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me, clear your cookies and caches & try again for me please. Let me know if it's still coming up. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
cl1987
Hooked

It still says "looks like you're already with us"

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You might have to give our Sales Team a call, essentially the number you're entering is still linking to your old account so this is why that message is popping up even if you don't have an account. You can call them on 0800 013 2632 directly. They are open between:

08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday
09:00 - 19:00 Saturday
09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
cl1987
Hooked

ah ok, thanks, i'll give them a ring close to when i'm going to switch, thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Out of interest, does the website let you order online now? We’ve made a further change to try to fix. 

If not then calling our sales team is the way to go. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cl1987
Hooked

It seems to have been fixed now,  i appreciate it.

Thank you.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@csmith94 

This is a well know issue to the oldies around here (think @Gandalf ... etc).

Where a pervious account is not fully closed down, a new account having the same telephone number cannot be created.  Some dark magic needs to be applied to fix the issue.

@Gandalf - this does though beg the question of what happens if the departing occupant of a property is a Plusnet user and the incoming occupant also wants to be a Plusnet user.  In such circumstances there would be two accounts associated with the same number - one pre-termination - one pre-activation.  There are legitimate circumstances for retaining the same number, such as but not limited to, changing the billing entity within a family household, as in spouse to spouse (not involving bereavement) or (aged) parent to child or sibling to sibling.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.