cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed at offer price of £21.99 / mo portal showing £23.19 / mo

picbits
Rising Star

Renewed at offer price of £21.99 / mo portal showing £23.19 / mo

Time for the dreaded renewal when the prices get screwed up and nothing makes sense on the billing .....

I received a renewal offer email stating £21.99 a month if I take up another 18 months rental. Fair enough.

I've paid in advance a strange sum of £27.22 which differs from my normal £21.49 / mo so paid up until the 26th Feb :

27th Jan 2023 27th Jan 2023 - 26th Feb 2023 £27.22

Not sure why the last bill went up by six quid or so ......

Then did the renewal and it started a new contract from 30th Jan 2023 to 29th July 2024 at a monthly rate of £23.19 which is a bit different to the stated £21.99 / month which I signed up at.

Do I lose the £27.22 I've just paid as my new contract seems to start three days after the last billing payment or are things going to automagically sort themselves out ? Why is the last bill £27.22 when I've been paying £21.49 under contract to date ? Am I going to be double billed for this period now ? Why doesn't the renewal start from the end of the current billing cycle ? Why is my new monthly rate £23.19 on the dashboard when the renewal clearly stated £21.99 / month ?

Could one of the friendly billing / accounts team have a look and clarify what's going on here ?

Ta

Dom (Picbits / dstratten depending on what login I use).
6 REPLIES 6
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Renewed at offer price of £21.99 / mo portal showing £23.19 / mo

@picbits As to why you had to pat £27.22 does the breakdown on page 3 of the bill not give you some hint? - call charges, or out of contract for part of the period covered by the bill are two possibiliities that spring to mind. Plusnet should be able to clarify.

Regarding the start date of the new contract, that seems to be in the hands of some mysterious being within the Plusnet castle! I used to think that recontracts on the same product did start at the next billing date (as was previous experience) and only those where a change of product was involved started at a different date reflecting when arrangements had been made to change the product, but my last recontract in January on the same product started the day after I had agreed it with COT. So Plusnet may have changed the "rules" but it does make for a very messy bill on the next billing date as they sort out payment for days already paid for on the old rate to charge them at the new rate. You will not lose out because the new contract overlaps the period you have previously paid for - the next bill should include a refund for those days already paid for that are billed under the new rate - as I said a very messy and barely understandable bill! 

I would like to see A definitive statement from Plusnet regarding start dates of recontracts. 

As to being charged £23.19 rather than £21.99 this can only be an error as the rate stated on the Dashbord shoild be that set out in the email you will have received on agreeing the recontract. Plusnet need to sort that out as it looks like an error on their part.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Did you ask for a new router?  If "Yes", then the £6 odd difference will be P&P on the router.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

But P & P for a router is £6.99 and so I do not think that alone can be the reason.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Also note that portal figures might not show the discounts.  You need to look at the bill.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi @picbits,

Sorry for the confusion. I'm not sure what's happened there, but I've corrected the discounts to fix that for you. If you can log out and back in, you should hopefully find the price displayed correctly now.

If an online renewal goes through before the bill date, normally the next working day if that's the case, then it's as @jgb suggests that the following bill will reflect this with pro-rata charges and discounts.

As for the higher bill last month, if a renewal goes through before the bill date then the contract end date won't match up with the bill date either so the discounts won't run the full length of the billing period. In essence there'd be pro-rata charges and discounts on both the first and last months of a contract.

Although having said that, in your case, things don't entirely add up so I've refunded the difference in price to your bank account which you should receive within 5 to 10 working days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
picbits
Rising Star

Thanks Gandalf / Anoush