cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regretting my new contract

celix24

Regretting my new contract

Just signed a new contract last month, and on 5 Sept, found out I'm being double charged. Called and chatted with 10 representatives, kept being passed around, kept telling different things why i was double charged.

Finally, on 10 Sept, found a customer service that told me it was an error on the billing system. But they couldn't tell me when I will be refunded. And no updates since.

After reading multiple posts with similar, I feel like this is just too much to deal with.

Wondering if there is something I can do to rescind my contract? Should I file a complaint at Ofcom?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Regretting my new contract

Hi @celix24

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear about the billing issues you've highlighted. Having checked your account I can see that this has been raised by my colleagues on a ticket here and here.

Just FYI - whilst we're dealing with this internally (and happy to do so) there's nothing preventing you from raising a direct debit indemnity claim via your bank for any amounts that have been double-billed. You may find that this process resolves the issue for you via another avenue and we'd simply tie-up the loose ends with your bank.

As above, we are dealing with this and will 100% process the refunds you're due, but wanted to ensure that you're aware of all of your options, as that's only fair, open and honest.

Best wishes,

Dave

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Thanks for your helpful info, Randall, but why should Plusnet customers have to waste their time and  that of their banks trying to sort an issue which is entirely of Plusnet's making? PN's much-vaunted billing system is becoming a disaster zone as anyone can see from numerous threads on this forum and other BB sites.

SGTE
Dabbler

Lonliner: I could not more than agree with your telling comment.