cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random charge after 1st day

Beccaloumoon

Random charge after 1st day

I joined plusnet and was connected yesterday. Today I've had an email stating that they will take £6.89 out at the end of the month but i was under the impression that when I opened my account I paid for the first month already, so was wondering what could this payment be for please?
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Random charge after 1st day

Did you also order a Hub2?

John
Beccaloumoon

Hi Yes, I didn't order it specifically it's just the one that came. Would the payment be for this equipment? Thank you
jab1
Legend

Who were you with previously, and on what service?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Apart from this not being the P&P amount , as far as I am aware new customers get a free hub.

@Beccaloumoon 

Is your billing date exactly a month from when your service went live? If not it will be for the extra days. Hopefully a Plusnet staffer will come along and clarify. They can be thin on the ground at week ends.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

Good point, @Baldrick1 . I wasn't totally concentrating, but it does look a bit strange on a second look.

John
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Hey there @Beccaloumoon 

I'm not going to lie, I am really confused why this was generated but I have added a ticket on https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=233263093 for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@Baldrick1 - unless things have changed, though the Hub is free, users still pay P&P

@willcutforth - £6.89 sounds awfully like the 14.4% price increase (no discount being applied).

Is it possible that this amount arises where...

1. The user pays their first month up-front charges before the price rise takes effect
  2. Their service becomes activated (thereby first chargeable) after the price increase has taken effect

I can envisage that at the point of activation, the billing system processes against the new price, deducting what has been paid, giving rise to an adjustment charge.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

That's the only thing I could think of for it doing that! Especially with the issues people have been having with the wrong price increase!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team