cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible error in account billing - how can I get back to previous ticket?

FIXED
Polaris1
Dabbler

Possible error in account billing - how can I get back to previous ticket?

Hi,

There was an error in my account when my contract was set up almost two years ago.  After posting on this forum, PlusNet raised a ticket (Question 214730923) which resolved the issue by providing a monthly discount to my bill.  This issue was monitored via an ongoing ticket until August last year when PlusNet thought the issue had been resolved.  However, after the recent price rise I'm not sure the discount is now correct as it is less than before, when I thought it should at least be the same.

How can I contact someone regarding the previous ticket to ask them to check this?  Note that there have been a couple of other instances where the discount had been incorrectly applied, including after last April's price increase, hence why I would like to get this checked.

Discount on current bill = £11.66

Discount on March bill = £13.90

I understand the prices will increase (and for anyone viewing the rest of my bill, they have) but the discount has been constant since Sep 2022 which was the last time an error occurred, and prior to that it was constant since Apr 22 when it increased following the April price rise.

Many thanks for your help.

Caroline

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Possible error in account billing - how can I get back to previous ticket?

Hi there Caroline, I'm sorry about the issue with your discounts, yes they should have gone up, not down! I've put that right going forwards for you. For the bit we owe you from the last bill would it be OK to credit that off the next one for you?

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Polaris1
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

Many thanks for getting back to me.  Yes, that would be fine.

Changing the subject slightly, I noticed when I looked at my account that there was an offer for renewal (which I thought wasn't due for almost another two months).  Is that the standard renewal offer for my account?  It seems to be open for a limited time only, or is this the weird 'unintended offer' that I heard mentioned on one of the other forums.  i.e. I don't want to miss out if it is my standard renewal offer which I could take up now and would be applied in two months time, but equally I don't want to confuse things if it is an error.

Thanks again.

Caroline 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

No problem, I've just sorted the credit for the difference off the next bill for you and sent an email notification over to you too. 

Any renewal offers that are for a limited time are usually the best ones we can offer, if that's elapsed it would still be a good idea to have a chat with our customer options team though so let me know if you'd like me to get someone to give you a call from that team.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Polaris1
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

Many thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

The time limited offer actually had another day before it expired, so I've just given the Customer Services team a call and they have said I can switch to a new 24 month contract (which I think is a lower price that the one I'm on now!).  Worryingly, I would not have known anything about that offer had it not been for the billing error which made me check my account.  I knew my contract would finish at the end of May, but I would not have checked for offers for another 4 weeks or so.

Hopefully this contract will be set up correctly and there won't need to be any manual intervention with discounts, but I think next month's bill will be a bit complicated with refunds for part months, plus discount corrections etc.

Caroline