Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet email Scam??

Stringman
Dabbler

Plusnet email Scam??

Hello everyone

I've searched through the boards and can't find anything related to this. Sorry to post again if I've missed it.

Has anyone else received this type of email, purporting to be from Plusnet?: It's titled " We've Opened A Question On Your Account"

We're sending this email to let you know that within the next 30 days we will be scheduling an upgrade of your call plan to Pay as you call (line rental only). What this means for you: - No new contract required- Same price you pay now or cheaper (Please note: This does not include the cost of any Add-Ons, call costs or call features.) -Pay individually for every call you make-No fixed monthly costPlease be aware of an upcoming email that quotes the full out of contract price of your Broadband, Line rental and Call plans. If you are in a contract you price will remain the same for the duration of your contract. To find out more about our broadband and residential products prices please visit the Plusnet price guide. For information on price and changing products, see our Existing customer FAQs. The Legal BitThe price for broadband, line rental, call plans and call charges will be increased each March from 2022 by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published by the Office for National Statistics in January of that year plus 3.9%. Other prices, content and terms may also change during your contract. We will tell you about important changes in advance. Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 and 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance. Kind regards, Plusnet Support AutoRef=AH-ATONT

Some the grammar and punctuation in this email is questionable, especially coming from a professional organisation so I'm suspicious. I haven't clicked on the link to purportedly direct me straight to my account. Also, I can''t find a reference to this "Open Question" anywhere.  

Thanks

Stringman

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plusnet email Scam??

@Stringman wrote:

... I can''t find a reference to this "Open Question" anywhere.  

This link - https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search  should take you to your "Open Questions" within your Plusnet "Member Centre"

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

@Stringman  the same email has been explained here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Puzzling-Email-from-Plusnet/m-p/1930304#M66687

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi @Stringman 

Apologies for the concern and thanks for flagging.

That is however a genuine email, and you can view a copy of it logged in your account here.

See here for more information, in summary there's nothing to worry about.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Tech Help to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Stringman
Dabbler

Ah many thanks everyone especially for the rapid responses! Relieved all seems ok. ( in slight mitigation when I accessed my Questions it was classed as "Closed" so that did also raise a red flag but never mind.

Thank you all again

Regards

Stringman