Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet claims it cannot set up my direct debit

scgf
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet claims it cannot set up my direct debit

@Mr_Paul In my many decades of banking Plusnet is the only company ever to have had a problem setting up a direct debit on my current account, where I have supplied the correct details, so I can confidently point the finger at them - especially as the bank has told me the direct debit exists on my account and there is absolutely no problem with it. I have no confidence that Plusnet gives a real reason for its failures - it seems to issue a blanket, generic reason as to why something isn't working.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Plusnet claims it cannot set up my direct debit

@scgf , a few years ago I had the same issue with a Plusnet business broadband account. The initial payment was taken, but the next month my account was restricted as the direct debit didn't work - it was never set up, although Plusnet's systems thought it had been. I went through the whole 18 months without getting the direct debit working - despite Plusnet using exactly the same bank details for another broadband and 3 mobile accounts. 

My bank (also RBS) repeatedly confirmed that there had been no attempt by Plusnet top set the DD up.