cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order delay - resulting in compensation and new contract price higher than signed up for

FIXED
zoelou93

Order delay - resulting in compensation and new contract price higher than signed up for

Hi all,

So I have been with Plusnet a number of years now and my last contract was coming to an end - early May. So on 27th March, I logged on and upgraded my account/signed up to a new contract on full fibre, paying £28.99/month. 

I had an engineer booked to come to my house and do the necessary install on 6th April. The engineer visited and couldn't complete the work due to an issue out in the street. Fast forward to last Thursday 11th May, and the issue is finally sorted and my new contract is up and running.

However, I have just logged into my account online and seen a note stating my new package is £34.03 per month. The deal I signed up for was £28.99/month for 24 months, afterwards going to £35/month. How have they now got it to £34.03?!

34.03.png

28.99.png

Also, I was informed that as my new order was so delayed, I would be entitled to some compensation, which will be worked out and sent in the next 30 days. Does anyone know how much this is likely to be, and does it get sent to me or added to my account?

Also as the delay to my new order meant I ended up out of contract on my last deal, instead of paying my usual £30/month, my bill shot up to just over £50 for one month - am I likely to be compensated automatically for this too?

Thanks

Zoe

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

Re: Order delay - resulting in compensation and new contract price higher than signed up for

@zoelou93  at a guess, your new contract price has been adjusted by the CPI increase but the discount hasn't!. Its a known issue and AFAIK it sorts itself out when the billing is due. I suspect there'll still be a CPI increase , so the total amount will be something like £33.

As to compensation for the delayed install, the OFCOM regulations are here https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

zoelou93

Re: Order delay - resulting in compensation and new contract price higher than signed up for

Thanks @MisterW I did wonder if it was to do with the annual increases, although I will be complaining about this is it is, considering the contract didn't start until last week - which is after the 31st March date for increases (plus I only signed up on the 27th March...!)

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Fix

Hi @zoelou93 

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened.

I've just tried to call you to discuss this further but I wasn't able to get through so I've put a ticket on your account here

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
zoelou93

Thankyou @MatthewWheeler !