Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No FTTP deals on offer in my account but Openreach says FTTP is available

FIXED
Gamichea
Dabbler

No FTTP deals on offer in my account but Openreach says FTTP is available

I have been trying to get upgraded to full fibre for most of this year. Openreach says the full fibre network is in place for my address and Plusnet says I can have FTTP when I select my address at the Plusnet homepage without signing in.

However, once I sign in there are no upgrades to FTTP on offer in my account. There is a new "contract deal" on offer but clicking on the link leads to being informed it is no longer available - its been like that for weeks.

Plusnet first told me Openreach did not list us as eligible for FTTP so Plusnet could not upgrade us. I explained BT probably had an incorrect address associated with our property and landline number. This led to Plusnet opening question #231827002 on my account 20 Feb. posting "address is provisioned wrong on the system so cust cant upgrade to fttp/passed to prov to resolve/will call cust back once issue has been resolved".

No call back received. No response to prods via the question thread. Each time I phone someone undertakes to do something to progress matters but nothing changes and further prods are ignored. After many, many years of really good service from Plusnet this is very disappointing. Something within Plusnet records or procedures must be inhibiting progress and no one seems willing to try and unearth it.

I would appreciate any guidance on how to contact someone who can get hold of and progress or escalate this issue to remove the blockage. Truth be told I do not need FTTP right now but I committed along with many others in our village to Openreach to take it as part of a government funded scheme and understandably Openreach are now reminding me to fulfil the commitment I made to take FTTP so they can claim the value of my government voucher.

23 REPLIES 23
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: No FTTP deals on offer in my account but Openreach says FTTP is available

Fix

Moderators Note

This topic has released from the automated spam filter

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

@Gamichea 

Use the following just to confirm things - https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Use the phone version first - the results should show WBC FTTP in the left hand window and Available to the right.

Then try the Address version. Enter post code only and select your address from the drop down list. If this also shown WBC FTTP then the OR database would appear to be correct.

You then need to phone PlusNet Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and explain things to them. They should be able to sort you out.

Brian

Gamichea
Dabbler

@bmc

Thanks Brian. The phone version shows "FTTP is not available" whereas the address version shows "FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered". The incorrect address we were given for the property when we moved here is also in the broadband checker and gives the same result as the phone version. So I conclude our phone number is still associated with the incorrect address in BT's records. I have set this out in some detail to Openreach and asked them to get it fixed so service providers can see the reality.

Mike

iannewson
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I doubt openreach will do anything, they may confirm the problem but at least with me couldn't/wouldn't sort it when i had this problem. What I would suggest is confirm your address with your current phoneline provider and then get them to run an "ORDI" request.

Gamichea
Dabbler

@iannewson 

Thanks Ian. I'll wait and see if my experience is the same as yours. The irony of having to initiate action to get the integrity of BT's data sorted so they can claim a voucher value from the government is breathtaking.

Plusnet is my current line provider and no one I have spoken to there appears to be able to progress matters so it seems they are not familiar with ORDI requests. I have noticed from other posts here that the best way to get an ORDI request initiated seems to be for a Plusnet staffer on here to pick up on what is going on and progress the matter.

Mike

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi @Gamichea

I'm really sorry for the issues you're having. Seeing what I can do to help.

I've escalated this with ORDI (OpenReach Data Integrity) to correct the address records in our suppliers systems. This should be completed or at least I should have an update on the progress within 5 working days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gamichea
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf 

Many thanks for picking up on this. So you can be aware of the precise nature of the situation with the broadband checker I will PM you a copy of my email to openreach.

Michael

Gamichea
Dabbler

@iannewson 

Just as you expected Ian. Even though an ORDI request has now been submitted courtesy of @Gandalf I kicked back pointing out it is BT's data which is at fault not Plusnet's. That got a response basically saying we who service this email address are merely punchbags deflecting grubby end users so the BT personnel who  can actually do anything don't have to dirty their hands dealing with the hoi polloi.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Gamichea

From what I can see the address correction request has completed and FTTP is showing as available both via your account and our suppliers systems. You should be able to upgrade now, if you'd like to.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gamichea
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf 

Many thanks for your help. I had a peek earlier today and saw Openreach have acted on all the inaccuracies I had found.

For our address the following line has now appeared beneath the tabular information - "Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG premises served by 2.5 inch plastic duct."

That is incorrect. Our landline comes overhead from a series of poles.

The two neighbouring properties are served from at least some of the same poles and the equivalent lines for their premises are - "Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues." which fits our situation. But I know of at least one issue through one neighbour's experience. The poles are not climbable for safety reasons and a hoist is required to undertake the work. Said neighbour is now on their third Openreach visit and has been without acceptable service since the first visit.

Obviously, after all the messing about so far I am keen to preempt any issues get this done in one go and not be without service. In addition I am advised to give up the landline telephone service in advance of FTTP installation to make the number available to my chosen VOIP provider for trouble free porting.

Any advice or guidance you or anyone else on here can give me around this would be very welcome.

Michael

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

In addition I am advised to give up the landline telephone service in advance of FTTP installation to make the number available to my chosen VOIP provider for trouble free porting.

That SHOULDNT be necessary now. There's a 'right to port' for up to 30 days after the line is ceased.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Gamichea wrote:

For our address the following line has now appeared beneath the tabular information - "Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG premises served by 2.5 inch plastic duct."

That is incorrect. Our landline comes overhead from a series of poles.

I think that's just an advisory note and probably wouldn't affect things in this case as I'm sure an engineer will be able to see that if or when they go out. Although you could try querying with Openreach by completing the form here.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
iannewson
Rising Star

@Gamichea I wouldn't worry too much about that. When I had FTTP installed with my new ISP it said that it would be overhead, when Openreach turned up they were most surprised that their order said I would need a duct. Needless to say they were happy that the job turned out easier than they anticipated and all they had to do was contact the office and all was sorted for overhead install 

iannewson
Rising Star

@MisterW to the best of my knowledge "The right to port" has been delayed?