cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving after 9 years

stewp
Grafter

Leaving after 9 years

Brief back story as to why I am leaving, will be short and to the point.

Contract is up on 13th of September.
Current price is 22.99 for 36mb fibre
Email received 13th of July with a price quote of 25.99.

Thought about leaving at this point, based solely on price, waiting until contract expires though.

Email received 13th of August with a price quote of 22.99.

Happy with this, lots of other companies doing 22.00, so felt ok. Followed the links but wanted the new router bundled, didn't seem to be an option so called PNet, went through to retentions. At this point as well thought I'd mention the reward card for new customers as well (you never know etc).

No dice on the reward card. Apparently according to the advisor, 22.99 option has expired (only got the email 2 days ago, which still works, just don't want to confirm on the Direct Debit screen), only option they can give me is 24.99. explained that the link still works, other companies have cheaper deals... Won't budge.

So I feel like my options are:
22.99 no router (following email, I'm happy to sign at this price with the new router, the WIFI keeps dropping on the hub one).
24.99 with a router (customer services)
25.99 though member page
22.00 for Now/Vodafone etc

As I've never had an issue other than some DLM problems last year, I'm probably going to walk as they are all Openreach.

Probably long winded, wanted to vent frustration,
Stewp

2nd attempt at posting this, probably get marked as spam again
6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Leaving after 9 years

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Feedback to My Account Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@stewp 

I'm sorry that this got trapped in the automatic spam filter. I have moved it to My Account/Billing in the hope that it will be picked up quickly by a Plusnet staffer for action, rather than be falsely interpreted as feedback.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MillerJones
Dabbler

This sums up Plusnet from my experience and many I know who was with them (other companies are the same but I expected more from these and so people should who have been loyal)

In some ways you are lucky to even get offers that good no one I know does they try to force 24 month contracts at higher price compared to new customers.

It's your choice but now it appears jumping providers is best option and it should be a simple process.

Does your line not support above 40 Mbps? or full fibre in the area?

stewp
Grafter

My line tops out at 34/35 mb. DLM brings it down to 32 as it's apparently more stable. In a bit of a black hole with regards to choices. 1 mile either side of me has 1GB VM.
MillerJones
Dabbler

It's up to you I would consider one of the short contract ones I believe Now Broadband is 12 months only for £22 and if after that time they don't offer deal if the service is good you could return to Plusnet but with new member prices.

It's a shame this is how Plusnet operates I expect a large % accept it.

Another thing you could try is see if Plusnet will offer deal at £26 but make them lock the price so no increase this means no CPI etc so its fixed price.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi @stewp,

I'm really sorry to see the issues you've had renewing on the offer we've sent you and to get a new router.

As we've only sent that renewal quote last weekend, we should absolutely be able to honour it as well as send the router. 

Can I arrange for one of my sales colleagues to call you back? Drop me a private message with your contact number if so.

I can't promise we can offer you a reward card, but it'd be worth asking.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet