cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel except by phone (been on hold for 30 minutes )

fernhillheath

How to cancel except by phone (been on hold for 30 minutes )

I'm trying to cancel my Plusnet account to switch to something more reliable for home working but I can't find any way of contacting them apart from the phone number which is just leaving me on hold.
Is there no email address or form I can use? Has anyone had any luck with contact via Twitter instead?
I don't understand how a business can be run this way

8 REPLIES 8
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: How to cancel except by phone (been on hold for 30 minutes )

@fernhillheath 

Here is a

link to Plusnet's cancellation policy. The only way is via the phone or by letter.

https://www.plus.net/support/pdf/plusnet_cancellation_form.pdf

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

I'm trying to cancel my Plusnet account to switch to something more reliable for home working

if you are switching to a new supplier you don't want to cancel. Just contact your selected supplier and they will handle the switch and inform Plusnet. If you cancel directly with your existing supplier that will seriously mess things up and prevent the new supplier placing an order to switch you.

NB  unless you are switching to a supplier who doesn't use Openreach lines e.g Virgin media or an fttp altnet

In this case to avoid loss of service,  just place an order with them, and when it's installed, then cancel with plusnet

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

fernhillheath

Thank you - letter it is then!
I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but the Plusnet customer service is appalling

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@fernhillheath 

If you are transferring your service to another ISP that uses the Openreach infrastructure then don’t cancel. Instead sign up with your new ISP and they should arrange the transfer and cancellation for you as seamlessly as possible. Cancelling a working service can cause all sorts of problems 

Edit

@MisterW types faster than me.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

fernhillheath

My contract runs until June so I want to know what kind of charge I'm going to get for leaving early (or refund for unsatisfactory service). I would also like to give Plusnet the opportunity to offer an improved service if they can - but all of this is difficult if no-one will answer the phone. 

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@fernhillheath 

Have you tried ringing the number given in that pdf link I provided - 0800 013 2632.That is the Customer Options Team and they usually answer reasonably quickly.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@fernhillheath 

Why not try explaining your problem on this forum. We may be either able to help or advise.

Cancelling will cost a bit less than your contract price for each of the remaking months of your contract

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

If you internet performance is "appalling" unless you are swapping to a provider using a different infrastructure (such as Virgin Media or FTTP) then there is more than a fair possibility that any new provider's service will be similarly "appalling".

The quality of broadband performance is far more predicated on the quality (or otherwise) of the BT circuit to your house which is used by the majority of all ISPs.  Your best option is to examine why the service appears to be "appalling".  What self help have you followed to examine the issues?

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket (ideally this should be a corded phone). The line should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

If after you have given Plusnet the chance to rectify issues, if the minimum guaranteed speed cannot be delivered, you have the option of moving away without paying ETCs ... but YOU have to give Plusnet the opportunity to put things right.

What ever you do, if you do decide to take your problems elsewhere, do not make them more complicated by giving termination notice to Plusnet - just instruct another ISP to take over the service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.