cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Fibre Upgrade (CPI)

Reccyuk

Full Fibre Upgrade (CPI)

Good Afternoon,

Looking at upgrading my Fibre from Fibre 500 to Fibre 900.
Now, what is the earilest i can upgrade without being scammed by the CPI rise?

I've rung up CS and he wasnt helpful and said it will raise if its Jan 1st or March 30th regardless.

I've read some forums (EE, Vodafone etc..) and a "Staff" member on both indicated 1st March is the earilest date on which the CPI doesnt apply to new/renewal contracts and would increase the following year.
However, i cannot find any info on this from Ofcom or anywhere else so not sure ifs its upto the service provider on when/if there is a cutoff date or if its set in law by Ofcom as to 1month prior.

If someone has any info on this, it would help. If Plusnet are roguish ti increase CPI+ be it now 24th Jan or 1st March then i might aswell upgrade now.

Thank you for any info, all is appreciated

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Re: Full Fibre Upgrade (CPI)

@Reccyuk THe CS agent was correct - if you revised your contract now, it would be a new 12/18/24 month one, as it would be if you changed it on March 30th.

If you need that increase, and can hold off until early April, then the price you would be quoted would be valid until 31/03/2025 - or at least that is my understanding of how it works - I can't be 100% certain of this, as I'm no longer with Plusnet, so haven't really looked into it deeply, but that is my interpretation.

John
Reccyuk

Wow, so other companies have a decent amount of grace in providing a month barrier for customer, new and old, and dont increase the CPI price.. Plusnet judging by this (and the CS) are greedy As F... and dont care..

I will be looking at moving from Plusnet if this is the case.. been with them for 18years.. and cant provide a shred of loyality.. disappointing..

jab1
Legend

As I said - I may not be 100% correct, but are you sure other companies don't raise it on the 31/03-01/04?

John
Reccyuk

I did find a few forum post, one below as an Eg:-
https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Contracts-Billing/New-contract-or-upgrade-just-before-the-31st-march-w...

This is from an EE Forum..

" Grand Master

Grand Master

As long as you upgrade to a new contract after 1st March 2022 your 1st CPI + 3.9% increase will take place on 31st March 2023 , not 31st March 2022."

Reccyuk

another i've found from BT, who own Plusnet
https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Recontracting-to-avoid-the-March-31st-2023-Price-rise/td-...

"

GARRY_AND_SUSIE
GARRY_AND_SUSIE
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 19
Re: Recontracting to avoid the March 31st 2023 Price rise?

@imjolly  >There a posts from forum mods that confirm if you have re-contracted on or after 1st March that the increases due on 31st March will not apply.

Ah, thanks, finding that will confirm that the wording of the tariff document is definitely wrong then, & not you."

Here is the moderator (Staff?) comfirming from BT that re-contracting after the 1st March 2023 would not be affected by the price rise scheduled for 31st March 2023.
https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Renewed-and-still-showing-a-price-increase-from-31st-Marc...

jab1
Legend

Fair enough - I'm on a fixed price as long as I keep my current speed/product. BUT I'm not with a BT Group company.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
aks100
Grafter
Fixes: 1

And note that BT have had a talking to from Ofcom and will change this practice going forwards (or Ofcom threaten to ban the practice). I think this applies to all providers.

What's ridiculous is that they will offer the same price deals for new customers again in April, and a year from now, so they are simply screwing customers once they sign. What a waste of time, total nonsense. Just tell us the price and stick to it for the duration, like the old days 🙂.