cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed order and "Home Phone - Cancelled"

lawrencelevy
Hooked

Delayed order and "Home Phone - Cancelled"

Hi there, Two issues currently at the moment.

1) Broadband start date:

I spoke to lots of people to arrange for my Broadband to go live on the day I move house. I spoke to several agents on the phone and was told I was ordering it too early, but that they'd arrange a call back for the date that would allow me to have my broadband in place. No one called back, so I called the next day which would still allow me to get broadband on the date I move in and signed up for Fibre. However, a few hours later I was told there was a cease on the line and there'd now be a delay on my start date which is extremely frustrating as I'd planned ahead to make sure I'd still be able to have broadband and work at home as soon as I moved in. I was then emailed today saying broadband would begin 3 days after move in date but someone on the phone said it might be up to 2 weeks late now. I'm confused as to which is the correct answer?

2) After getting a text saying my broadband would start three days late, I got an email saying Home Phone has now been cancelled. Just want to check this doesn't affect my broadband connection?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Delayed order and "Home Phone - Cancelled"

Delayed orders

There are a multitude of reasons why order processing might be reported as delayed and usually it is nothing to be too concerned about, but there are exceptions. The following are some of the common causes of orders being delayed...

• The user told their existing supplier that they are moving and the consequential action by their existing supplier will prevent any new ISP placing orders to take over the service - this needs affirmative action with the existing supplier
  • The existing circuit to the property cannot be identified in BT Openreach's systems due to errors in their data - this can give rise to the need for special processes (ORDI and Bridge cases) with BTOR to correct THEIR data
  • Something was not quite right with the order raised by Plusnet - these are usually sorted quickly
  • BT Openreach do not have engineering resources available in the usual timeframe

To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

NB: If a user tells their existing supplier that they are leaving and that supplier places a cease on the line, Plusnet cannot process a new order until AFTER the line has been ceased.  That could lead to circa 14 days without an internet service.

The above is my general guidance on these matters.

Your description describes the scenarios quite well - existing subscriber places a service cease request with their supplier and a new supplier / user cannot place orders for service until after that cease has completed.  So sad that BT Openreach's business methods defeat proper previous planning!!

Your situation sounds as though there are issues with BT Openreach's data records for the line, which if it is coming back from Sky / Talk Talk is not uncommon.  Checking out the ticket history is probably the quickest way to finding out what is happening.  For sure you cannot get FTTC without a phone line.

There is also the potential complexity that copper borne services might be on stop sell at your new address - in which case, what seemed like a simple Working Line Takeover now becomes a FTTP install activity, with no traditional phone service!  See https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Hiya @lawrencelevy

I'm sorry to see your orders have been delayed and I can see you spoke with Claudia over twitter about this. Please get back to her there if you have any further questions. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
lawrencelevy
Hooked

I spoke to Claudia on Twitter and on the phone and was told my broadband would start on 13/02. I checked again Thursday 09/02 on Twitter and it was confirmed again I’d be connected on 13/02. However at 11:55pm I got an automated email out of the blue saying it’ll be 21/02. I’m very concerned now I’m without internet even longer than I’ve been promised for the last two weeks and will be without work as I work remotely at weird hours. Without internet I can’t work and get paid.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm sorry to disappoint but I can see that the order for your line has been cancelled, it looks like this is due to the cease order from Sky still being open on Openreach's systems. 

Records show that there are no "stopped" (cut off) lines we could reactivate so I've placed an order to install a new line for you. An engineer will need to visit to do that for us so I'll keep ownership of your orders and will get back to you on Monday as we should be able to confirm a booking with you then.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lawrencelevy
Hooked

Adam - I can’t wait til Monday to find out. I’ve been going back and forth for weeks to ensure my move would go smoothly. Up until yesterday I was told the 13/02 was still happening. How do you expect me to survive if I can’t work. Are PlusNet going to be expensing me for 10 days of lost wages from your fault? It’s not like it’s one or two days late! It’s two working weeks that I won’t be able to make a living! Someone needs to call me now to fix this please.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Lawrence, we won't get a confirmed appointment until Monday so I can't confirm anything until then. I am sorry for the obvious difficulties this will cause for you and we don't cover any loss of earnings but we'll make sure you're compensated inline with the OFCOM compensation scheme outlined here: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/automatic-compensation/

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lawrencelevy
Hooked

Adam - £5 a day won’t cover me for my lost days of work. This needs to be solved now. Please arrange for someone to call me now. At the very least arrange for me to have a dongle or backup plan. This is not fair to add additional stress to my move when I was organised from the getgo. I’m speaking the ombudsman in the meantime until you can asssure me I will have a connection on Monday 13/02 as promised.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers for taking my call just now, as you asked to speak with a manager Mark will be giving you a call back before 11am

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team