cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about recent email from Plusnet and billing email

GrKPN3
Hooked

Confused about recent email from Plusnet and billing email

I recently received an email from Plusnet that a question was opened regarding the following:

"We're sending this email to let you know that within the next 30 days we will be scheduling an upgrade of your call plan to Pay as you call (line rental only). � What this means for you: � - No new contract required � - Same price you pay now or cheaper (Please note: This does not include the cost of any Add-Ons, call costs or call features.) � -Pay individually for every call you make � -No fixed monthly cost"

I then received an email from Plusnet today that says the following:

"We've received your product change request and have now started the process of moving your products to:

• Broadband package: Unlimited Fibre Extra
• Phone package: Plusnet Line Only

This will change over on 1st August 2023 and your new cost per month will be £54.39 (annual price changes apply).

We'll send you an end of contract reminder before your contract ends, and offer an account review too, to make sure you're still on the right package for you."

I'm confused about these emails, I never requested a product change (unless this is an automated process with the Plusnet phone products changing) but I don't understand the cost mentioned in the recent email for £54.39 per month.

Is that a mistake?

2 REPLIES 2
cbb
Dabbler

Re: Confused about recent email from Plusnet and billing email

Yes, I've received the same and I'm confused as well.

VinceUK
Hooked

Re: Confused about recent email from Plusnet and billing email

I also received similar emails, I've phoned them this evening to be told that nothing is actually changing for me, just the name of the package is changing, my price isn't going up, that price is the full price without discount, and I'll be paying the same each month, and not £54.39. The communication is anything but clear, and I'm also annoyed that I have to phone them to query this, they don't seem to accept anything other than phone calls now it seems, why I can't email them or use some sort of online chat baffles me, considering they are meant to be an ISP and technology company.

I'm not very happy with Plusnet at the moment and I'll be keeping a careful eye on my bill for the next few months.