cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation

FIXED
Alanf421

Compensation

My broadband was off completely so I contacted Plusnet who got Open Reach on the job, Plusnet promised me a wireless router and said I would receive compensation for each day my broadband was off ( 8 days ). The wireless router never arrived and neither has the compensation I was promised so who do I contact to claim?

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Re: Compensation

@Alanf421 When did this occur? The compensation is paid as a credit against your next invoice.

Can't help with the router (Mi-Fi device?) - sorry.

John
Alanf421

Hello John,

The broadband was off from the 28-9-2023 until late afternoon on the 6-10-2023, I have paid one bill since then and just been informed of my next bill which reminded me of the compensation.

jab1
Legend

I can't remember  - does the notification tell you what the bill will be? (I am no longer with PN). The compensation is paid from the third day after you report the issue (in accordance with the SLA).

John
Alanf421

The notification is for my normal bill amount, I was told the compensation will start from the second day.

jab1
Legend

I suggest you contact Plusnet if the credit has not been applied. You were wrongly advised - it is from the third working day.

John
Alanf421

I have tried a couple of times today but can’t get through, I will try again tomorrow
Thanks
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Full Fibre to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Fix

Hi @Alanf421 I can see you've spoken with one of our Advisor's today over the phone and this has now been rectified for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

My limited experience would indicate that it could be a Mi-Fi (EE badged).

The Mi-Fi widgety thing sort-of works seamlessly, but I'd need more "play-time" with one. It does have limited capabilities (maximum of 4 wireless devices, no wired connection capabilities)

Compo is paid as a credit (I can definitely confirm that) against future invoices. I use the plural, because the compensation covered more than one month.

The underlying process (which the customer won't see) that orders, dispatches and delivers the devices (and the process for returning them) has (in my limited experience) some problems. Like the device may not appear, or appear shortly before normal service resolution (JIT in reverse?)