Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check your price increase

FIXED
mindmagic
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Check your price increase

I have just received an email informing me that my monthly price will go up by £2.17 due to the disgraceful formula of CPI+3.9%. CPI is 4% so the increase should be 7.9%. My new contract is £24.99 a month so the increase should be £1.97. I have pointed this out on my open ticket and shall be interested to see the result.

5 REPLIES 5
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Check your price increase

Check your bills - you may find the price you are currently contracted for is higher, but with a discount applied to bring it down to £24.99

The full price may have been increased by 7.9% but the discount not increased. I think that if the contracted price was £27.99 then the price rise would be about right.

Or it could just be a mistake. Either way it is a sign of Plusnet's shambolic billing system,.

mindmagic
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Fix

Yes, the billing system is terrible.

I've had a reply on my ticket - at least someone is on the ball. The increase quoted is on my old, higher contract price. They have confirmed that the increase will (i.e. should!) be £1.97.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

I would expect that if you added up all the time spent by Plusnet staff answering billing queries, and the loss of revenue from customers who get fed up and move ISP, then it would actually be much cheaper to get a competent billing system.

If you counted community members time too then there would be no contest. 

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

In my experience, Plusnet have an appalling record regarding billing and the annual round of price increases certainly does not make things better. Last year whilst they increased all the costs by CPI +3.9% they did not increase ALL the discounts meaning that they were overcharging - it was not just my account but a good few others too judging by the posts on these forums. Why oh why do they persist with a system that has to apply discounts (sometimes several) to achieve the agreed contract price?

In my case it has taken them until now to get things sorted and stable - just in time for the whole circus to start again! Oh well I feel yet another lengthy complaint ticket coming on!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

It looks like the email was based on the previous contract price. There's a process in place to prevent the emails from being generated for accounts that have a scheduled change, but seems this slipped through the net due to timings. The price increase itself is based on the monthly cost showing in an account on the 31.03.24, so the actual price increase should still have been correct. Really sorry for the confusion.

(It was I who replied to your ticket, I was just slow in replying here Cheesy)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet