Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for moving isp when outside contract

FIXED
gtowen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Charged for moving isp when outside contract

On my Plusnet account page it states my contract ends 12th March 2019.

I have decided to leave Plusnet for another isp and so decided to get things ready now.

I am due to switch over on the 18th March 2019, 6 days after my contract ends.

So imagine my surprise to receive an email this morning from Plusnet stating the following:

Your phone service will transfer automatically on 18thMarch 2019 and will result in the cancellation of your phone contract.

and

Because you're moving your phone service before the end of your minimum term, you will be subject to early termination charges. These have been calculated at £11.61

Perhaps somebody could explain this early termination charge since I will be outside contract at time of transfer.

4 REPLIES 4
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: Charged for moving isp when outside contract

Hi @gtowen thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've received this notification, I've checked the account and have responded to your comments here

If you have any questions please feel free to get back to me

gtowen
Rising Star

Fix

Hi @Satss  Thank you for the reply, I will await the final bill and be in touch if need be.

gtowen
Rising Star

Hi Satss, Just received a letter in the post which is an exact copy of the email about early termination charges. I am going to assume that this is just another part of the failed billing system Plusnet use. I will await the final bill.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @gtowen,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

This is correct, we send out a letter for termination of service/moving providers with the same information. As @Satss mentioned you will receive a final invoice within 21 days of your account closing detailing any refunds/credits/charges (if applicable).

Thank you.