Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation fee totally wrong

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Cancellation fee totally wrong

I see where you're coming from, and I am investigating it for you now. I have had word from billing that it shouldn't show like this.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: MattyC
@mlmclaren - Here's an older version of the T's and C's when they looked different. Table 1.7, and Table 2.6 apply.  EDIT - I see you've removed your post.
Matty

What a stupid way to list those Ts & Cs, I know the update has rectified that issues now which is good but too late for me as it mislead me in the first place... Wes seriously need to sort this out as everytime I look into things like the ts and Cs they seem to change... or format differently..
Lets be honest you can see how someone could be mislead by Broadband and Phone and no statement stating customer with monthly line rental should check table 2 below.
g1000
Grafter

Thanks Matty, so to summarise there are 3 problems:
- A problem specific to me: The cancellation fee on my account is calculated wrongly
- A problem with the writing of the new price guide: LRS customers are now charged a much higher termination fee if they cancel broadband and phone.
- Another problem (presumably) with the writing of the new price guide: broadband and phone customers who cancel broadband but keep phone are now not charged a termination fee at all.
The price guide problems are serious and need urgent attention I believe.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

I renewed in January, according to my contract , my early cancellations are £4.30 a month for broadband (adsl) and an extra £ 2.25 a month for phone if my LRS expires.
Yet the old price guide says £4.30 a month for broadband and phone, which is correct in my case ?  one could think PN try to confuse the end user , will all these different termination fees
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This is related to the second issue highlighted by g1000, and is why I think it might be an anomaly. Either way, the T's and C's will need updating to reflect.
mlmclaren
Grafter

@MattyC is there nothing else you can do for me then?  Undecided
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Matty , i assume " LRS customers are now charged a much higher termination fee if they cancel broadband and phone." that is going to be removed then ?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: g1000
A problem specific to me:

Not just you...  In my case a charge has never actually shown since I re-contracted around 10 months ago!  Perhaps that means I could have left for free? Smiley  My details are shown in the attachment - Contract renewed for 12 months on the 30th July and LRS paid for on the same day, not that you'd know it from the account details!
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I too have similar (not FTTC but ADSL) to pwatson.
I was assured by a CS rep., ages ago, when I brought it up that it would be sorted out on my account. It's still the same  - everything is either written off or nil charges! Huh
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: mlmclaren
@MattyC is there nothing else you can do for me then?  Undecided

Suppose that answers that then.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Mike - That's what I'm in the process of investigating.
@mlmclaren - Probably best to keep your case to your specific thread as they are two completely separate and irrelevant cases.
Matty
g1000
Grafter

"A problem with the writing of the new price guide: LRS customers are now charged a much higher termination fee if they cancel broadband and phone"
Is there an update on this please Plusnet? It has been a week.
Following such a huge and important mess-up, I would expect there to be an official response and amendment to the price guide the same or next day.
mlmclaren
Grafter

So they haven't fixed this yet then...  Roll_eyes
I wonder if this means LRS is about to disappear from PLusnet?  Undecided
g1000
Grafter

Surprise, surprise. 3 weeks later and not a peep from Plusnet despite the promises.
Plusnet may think nothing of nearly-doubling ETCs mid-contract for LRS customers without even telling them, but I take it very seriously. And I'm sure Ofcom do as well.
I raised a formal complaint in a ticket in the meantime, but after waiting 7 days, the response was junk, didn't even address the issue.
I should be free to leave my contract immediately, with no penalties (including refund of unused LRS). I should have been free from May 17th, one month before Plusnet's changes to the ETCs came into effect. If someone from Plusnet wants to write that on my ticket it would help enormously.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Yep... everything has truly gone to shit at Plusnet...
Currently it looks like ill be moving my both my connections away from them  Undecided