Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Change Products Error Message

FIXED
Johncs2020
Dabbler

Can't Change Products Error Message

My contract with Plusnet has just expired and so, I am now trying to weigh up my options in terms of any possible offers or upgrades which might persuade me to renew my contract for another 18 months (or however long, any new contract will be for), or whether I might decide to go elsewhere.

My last contract was for Fibre, but this isn't actually what is known as Full Fibre and although I haven't had any issues with my service or connection up until now, I am looking to upgrade to Full Fibre if that is possible. I know that there are others within the Openreach network who provide that, and there is one which I am tempted to go to if you can't provide that particular upgrade as that (as I have heard) is more stable, and reduces the risks of intermittent disconnections (which I have experienced in the past with other suppliers).

However, the main issue which I have just now is that I am unable to do any of this at the moment as I keep getting an error message on my MyAccounts pages which says "product cannot be changed". This means that I have no access to any upgrade offers just now, and I am also unable to renew my contract online because of that.

As a result, I would be more than grateful if you could look into that so that I can then look at whatever options might be available and be able to take any appropriate actions on that.

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: Can't Change Products Error Message

Fix

Hi @Johncs2020

I've had a look at your account and sorted things, so you should be able to look at your renewal offers.

Let me know if there are any issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Johncs2020
Dabbler

Thanks for sorting that out.

However, I was only offered a continuation of my existing package which is Fibre Extra, but that is not the same as Full Fibre which I was looking for. I have noticed that Plusnet do offer Full Fibre but in spite of that, this was not listed as one of my upgrade offers.

Nevertheless, there is another operator who does offer that at a reasonable price and for that reason, I have therefore decided to take that option which means that I will now be leaving Plusnet altogether as from 2 June 2023 which the date given to me as the activation date for my new service.

In the meantime, I would like to thank you for your help help, and also thank Plusnet for the service which you have provided during my time with you.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

I have noticed that Plusnet do offer Full Fibre but in spite of that, this was not listed as one of my upgrade offers.

Plusnet only offer Full Fibre using the Openreach FTTP network. If its not showing as available then that would imply that OR havent installed Full fibre in your area. Have you checked using the BTw checker https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome . Use the address checker, enter your postcode and select the correct address from the list. You are looking for WBC FTTP as being available

Nevertheless, there is another operator who does offer that at a reasonable price and for that reason, I have therefore decided to take that option which means that I will now be leaving Plusnet altogether as from 2 June 2023 which the date given to me as the activation date for my new service.

It would seem that your new supplier is therefore one of the altnet suppliers who have installed their network alongside the Openreach network. If this is the case then they will not be taking over your existing services from Plusnet and you will therefore need to cancel those yourself. I suggest you dont do that until the FF install is complete as there are often problems/delays in FF installs

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Johncs2020
Dabbler

I have gone through that check and discovered that although Plusnet is part of the Openreach system (as well as also being owned by BT itself), the exchange which my connection and phone line is connected to, isn't currently part of the Full Fibre area.

Since Plusnet does offer Full Fibre in other areas, I could have waited until my location was included within their Full Fibre network and upgraded then (which would of course, have meant renewing my existing contract in the meantime).

However, the offer from my new supplier which gives me Full Fibre right now, was too good an offer to pass up, even if that isn't been done within the Openreach scheme and that is why I have decided to go down that road.

Once that has been installed, I will then cancel my services from Plusnet in the manner in which you have advised.