cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have this?

PNwhitcombep
Dabbler

Can I have this?

I have been on a Plusnet Fibre to the Cab (FTTC) product since 2014 and am out of contract.  Over those year I have only needed to call Plusnet on a few occasions and the problem has usually been sorted quickly.  Over the past Months Openreach have been wiring our estate for Fibre to the premises (FTTP) and last week I was told that I can now get this new faster service.

On the Plusnet site it now offers me several new products.  I would like to go to Full Fibre 300 but I need to retain or have a new static IP address and I would like to convert my phone line to VOIP and retain the number (that I have had for 40 years).  I can't see any way of ordering these.  Has anyone else done it?  If so how?

Phil

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: Can I have this?

I would like to go to Full Fibre 300 but I need to retain or have a new static IP address and I would like to convert my phone line to VOIP and retain the number (that I have had for 40 years).  I can't see any way of ordering these. 

Keeping your static IP when upgrading is not a problem BUT porting to voip and keeping the number is!. It's been discussed at length here https://community.plus.net/t5/Full-Fibre/FTTP-and-Residential-number-porting/m-p/1874234#M17391 and more recently here https://community.plus.net/t5/Full-Fibre/Keep-my-phone-number/m-p/1903823#M20224

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Can I have this?

@PNwhitcombep 

Apparently there is a new "Right to Port" being brought in in April but until then you either lose your phone number or your static IP address and email.

If you simply upgrade to you lose the number.

To keep the number you need to sign up for a new account, clicking keep your phone line option during the process. If all goes according to plan you'd be running (and paying for) two accounts for a while. As soon  as FTTP is up and running you port your number out. This would automatically cease the FTTC connection. You then lose everything connected to the old account.

As you're out of contract you could look elsewhere. Although more expensive Zen offer a static IP and phone option. Note that any new phone service will probably be VOIP.

Brian