cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing - out of contract and charged for 1 month when it should be 2 weeks

doodoo2010

Billing - out of contract and charged for 1 month when it should be 2 weeks

Hi, my contract of £33 finished and they put it up to £48 as the contract had finished so I let them know I was leaving on the 7th of April but they have billed me £48 for 2 weeks. Anyone else had anything like this, it is a shame as I was happy and thinking of using them at my new house.

3 REPLIES 3
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Billing - out of contract and charged for 1 month when it should be 2 weeks

@doodoo2010 

I suspect that the £48 bill is for the full billing period (i.e. one month) and that you will get a refund for the unused period of that once you actually leave and your account is closed

That is the way the system seems to work. (it has to be so for migrations away as the last day is not fixed until you actually go under those circumstances, and I suspect the system ioperates the same way for ceases). The refund will be back to your bank account if you pay by direct debit and do not cancel the direct debit otherwise it will be by cheque)

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

That £48.00 is presumably your out of contract price? Note, you are billed one month in advance, so, depending on when your new ISP takes over, you may be refunded for any part of the month after said take-over.

@jgb is probably more correct, on re-reading the original post.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

If you have told Plusnet of a leaving date, if the new service provision is on the same BT line, your new provider might encounter placing the orders before the termination date you gave to Plusnet.  In general it is far safer to just arrange a migration and leave everything to them.  That avoids delays and reduces the risk of being without a connection.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.