cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Watchdog

Gemmara
Dabbler

BBC Watchdog

I am trying to find out how to get hold of all my records and details of conversations I have had with Plusnet. Despite asking the customer service people - they do not know and offer no assistance. I have had nothing but a bad experience and BBC Watchdog are interested but I need all the recods of calls and details - Can someone please help 

26 REPLIES 26
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 256

Re: BBC Watchdog

@Gemmara The best way to  do this is via a Freedom of Information request, by post, addressed to the Data Controller at Plusnet HQ. I would send the request by Recorded Delivery.

It depends on what you request, and what Plusnet retain though as to what you will get.

John
Gemmara
Dabbler

Thank you, for this, would you have the correct address as Plusnet staff don't seem to know this, also could you let me knoew the current CEO of Plusnet and ideally an email address

Thanks

jab1
Legend

The address is: The Data Controller, Plusnet PLC, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield S1 2GU.

I don't, without searching, know the current CEO, but I would raise the FoI request first and see where it gets you.

No need to reply to this bit if you don't want to, but what is your issue?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 398

@Gemmara  have you looked back through your 'questions' on your account to see if the infomation you need is there

Login to the member centre then go to https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search and then use the drop down to view closed questions. A question is usually raised to confirm any actions as a result of contacting support

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gemmara
Dabbler

Basically, Plusnet opened a new account to resolve an issue that Plusnet made, I have then been charged nearly 300 pounds to close the originall account (direct debit) and now Plusnet say they can't refund it !!

jab1
Legend

That is wrong - if PN have raised a 'Repair Account', there is no ETC payable. I suggest you raise a a complaint via the 'Complaints Code of Practice' link at the foot of every page on this forum.

John
Gemmara
Dabbler

Thanks Jab1,

Tried that and most things, interestingly the only person that was interested and offered any help was Anoush (Gandalf) but understand he has moved on  (I wonder why!!). 

I am fed up with nobody from Plusnet who has the ability to resolve or take responsibility of this issue, I am guessing that the CEO is the only one, Perhaps thsi is why BBC are so interested in it. and I am still 300 pounds owing. 

Any suggestions gratefully received

jab1
Legend

@Gemmara As stated above, there are no ETCs payable on accounts where PN have to raise a 'Repair Account' - for whatever reason. Without giving away any personal information, what reason did PN give for refusing to waive the fees on an occasion which is entirely of their -or their systems - making?

John
Gemmara
Dabbler

they are unable to refund teh money into the account as the PLusnet account is now closed, they were supposed to send a cheque but that has not arrived and frankly a cheque is no use to me especially as it cost me to pay a cheque into a business account. The old account and new account details are the same banking details? 

by the way i did not want a new account 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Gemmara  you are correct that Anoush has moved to a new role within PlusNet but he still looks in fom time to time on the forum and assists if he can.

I'm surprised that, if Anoush was involved , it wasnt resolved. It sounds like someone from the PlusNet help team needs to take ownership of your problem and resolve it.

I'm going to try escalating this thread to get some traction.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

If the old and new Plusnet accounts are paid from the same bank a/c, there is no reason why they cannot refund to said account, so that is a load of baloney.

Unfortunately, I don't think there are any Help Team staff logged in at the moment, otherwise I would point them at this topic.

Bear with me while I have a think.

John
jab1
Legend

@MisterW Thanks - I shall watch this with interest.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

they are unable to refund teh money into the account as the PLusnet account is now closed, they were supposed to send a cheque but that has not arrived and frankly a cheque is no use to me especially as it cost me to pay a cheque into a business account.

I can sort of understand why that might be the normal situation but I would have thought that it could be done differently in this situation

jab1
Legend

@MisterW See my post #12 - surely if the bank details for both PN 'accounts' are the same, there should be no problem?

John