cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd rise in less than a year

Xydair

2nd rise in less than a year

Hi
I've just been notified of a huge increase to my bill. I've been a customer for 10 months in an 18 month contract and already had a rise so how can I now be getting a 2nd rise when I shouldn't of even had 1 yet as they are annual increases?
4 REPLIES 4
Mav
Fixes: 516

Re: 2nd rise in less than a year

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Broadband to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@Xydair 

I assume you are referring to an email notification you have received from Plusnet. If so that refers to a price increase that will apply from 31 March 2023. The last annual price increase was from 31 March 2022, and so, if you took out your present contract prior to 31 March 2022 you would have been subject to a price increase wef 31 March 2022 and will get another wef 31 March 2023. If you took out your contract after 31 March 2022 then you should not have had an increase already (and a Plusnet staffer needs to investigate what has happened if you have) but will get one wef 31 March 2023.

As per the t & cs the annual prices increase apply from March each year not from the anniversary of your contract start date, and so for an 18 month contract you can be subject to one or two of these increases depending on the start date.

Xydair

Thanks I need to chase this up then as my contact started 5th April 2022 and I had an increase I think in may
Mav
Fixes: 516

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved to My Account/Billing as now appears to be a billing issue rather than feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still