cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero network coverage yet the only way to cancel requires a call?

JamesT91
Dabbler

Re: Zero network coverage yet the only way to cancel requires a call?

@Gandalf wrote:

Thanks for getting back to us @JamesT91 I’m sorry for the issues, I’m happy to look into this for you so you shouldn’t need to call us again.

Can you PM me back the additional questions I’ve asked to pass our data protection process? Smiley

I already replied last sunday, but ok. I will reply again, thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Thanks @JamesT91 Not sure how I missed that PM, sorry about that. Undecided I’ll get back to you tomorrow when I’m back in the office. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JamesT91
Dabbler

no worries, thanks for confirming you have received them now though

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I’ll message you back when I’m in the office at about 10:30. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JamesT91
Dabbler

ok, so time for a final update on this [-Censored-] show.

Gandalf has been in touch in pm and unlike the rest of plusnet has atleast tried to be of help.

But where I am now, 

no signal, no service anywhere , yet paying for this "service"

Called up to cancel the service, whilst keeping my number. was assured by the guy on the phone the pac code was all I needed to do so 

But the number did not transfer to my new provider on the estimated date.

I now have the new provider telling me plusnet have not relased my number for the port to happen.

and plusnet telling me there is nothing for them to do, it is all in the hands of the other company.

2 multi-million dollar companies who between them cant get 1 number working.

so I asked gandalf if it was possible to instead just cancel my account, forget the number, it isnt worth all this bs.

but to no suprise the only way to do that is to call them up.

So like I said in my previous message, my only option left, again, is to borrow somebody else's phone, wait in a queue, and again ask them to cancel.

All this jumping through hoops, and dealing with the least helpful customer service teams I have ever encountered, just to cancel a £6:50 a month sim, because their service in my region is literally non existent.

I fully understand now why plusnet only has a 1.5 star rating on trust pilot with over 5000 reviews

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @JamesT91 

I'm sorry again for the issues you're experiencing. I've discussed this with a colleague from our mobile operations team and I'm afraid there's nothing we can do from our side apart from issue you with a PAC to port your number to your new provider as the industry wide process is 'gaining provider-led' which means the new provider handles everything.

Following discussing this with our mobile operations team and also my manager, I've PM'd you more information regarding this and your request to cancel your account down, which I hope helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet