cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the latest on EE 3G booster box use by PN?

andrewgscott

What's the latest on EE 3G booster box use by PN?

A 2017 thread had the following from a staff member. Had anything changed since?

"Just to keep you advised, plusnet won't offer support for signal booster boxes at present as they are not a service we offer ourselves. We won't be able to offer you any guarantees regarding EE femtocells or any other similar technology, but of course we'll announce if that should change in the future."
3 REPLIES 3
caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: What's the latest on EE 3G booster box use by PN?

We've had poor signal issues & now that we're out of contract we're moving to giffgaff (O2) so you may well need to find which operator gives you the best signal & switch to them as I don't think that Plusnet will ever offer the full range of EE facilities & it should be made clear at the point of subscribing to Plusnet.

andrewgscott

Thanks.

I've moved from o2 (contract ended) to test the network coverage of EE. I explicitly asked the salesperson if plusnet offered all of the EE network capabilities. As i read in another post, plusnet doesn't have access to one of 4G frequencies so "yes" was a little economical with reality. Whilst I didn't explicitly ask about the booster box, that's maybe excusable especially as coverage in my house seems to be better than when a family member was with EE a few years ago.
japitts
Rising Star

@andrewgscott wrote:
Thanks.

I've moved from o2 (contract ended) to test the network coverage of EE. I explicitly asked the salesperson if plusnet offered all of the EE network capabilities. As i read in another post, plusnet doesn't have access to one of 4G frequencies so "yes" was a little economical with reality. Whilst I didn't explicitly ask about the booster box, that's maybe excusable especially as coverage in my house seems to be better than when a family member was with EE a few years ago.

That doesn't surprise me. I fully appreciate that the various MVNOs are quite keen to promote "we use network xyz" and admitting small print such as lack of VoLTE/4G800 is not their highest priority. So sales staff training may omit this bit or (ideally) leave it as reactive only.

But take 1pmobile as an example, one of the other EE MVNOs.. (even disregarding the reference to band "26")

https://www.1pmobile.com/faqs.taf?showfaq=81

We use the EE network that uses the following frequencies:

• 800MHz (band 26) for 4G
  • 1800MHz (band 3) for 2G and 4G
  • 2100MHz (band 1) for 3G only
  • 2600MHz (band 7) for 4G

Access to the above frequencies will depend on the make and model of your handset.